ESB vest and neck seal color?

Bubba Fett

Well-Known Hunter
Sorry, I am sure this was covered in Fett 101, but I missed that class, and a search is not bringing any joy.

Ok, so I ended up with two tackle twill vest and neckseals, lucky me!! :D

- Thanks BountyOne (y)

Anyway, they are both different colors - one white, the other light grey. The jumpsuit is the darker grey behind the vests.

FettVest.jpg

I began to examine some photos (including Spidey's great OfficialPix shots) to see if I could figure out which vest I should use. As I started to look around it seemed as though the pictures indicated that it was a light grey vest with a white color.

Here is one shot that I found (I know it's ROTJ, but ESB appears to be the same). Did not want to repost SpideyFett's but you can do a search and find those. They show pretty much the same thing too.

FettVest2.jpg

Sorry I don't recall whose shot this is, but just say the word and I will remove it if needed.

What is the "official" or approved color of the vest and neck seal for ESB? :confused

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
I would vote for the light gray. At the same time, I bet the white would look great, once you mist it up with some gray spraypaint.

I'm guessing that its possible that your two vests were made from the same fabric, but one was made with the shiny side, and one with the backside. That tacket twill is goofy stuff...especially when photographed!!!!! As long as you mist with grey, and hit it with a dull coat, the white should be fine. You would probably wanna do that with the grey one too, just not as much. Both look great!!!
D

Good guess, but it would be incorrect I am afraid. One is grey and one is white, pretty much through and through. You can actually see the inside of the fabric in the photo I posted.

I do agree that they grey looks the closest for the vest, and I am thinking the white for the neck seal - would you concur?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree that they grey looks best for the vest, and I am thinking the white for the neck seal - would you concur?

Certainly do!! ;)

But, as grea8ness suggested, you could weather your white one with grey misting and it would also look good. Either way you get there...yes I concur that the vest should have more of a grey tone to it, and the neckseal should be white.
D

Strangely, the suit for the JB project looks almost the opposite in some of the pics. Grey neck seal and white/off-white vest?

Jon, I was going to dye the vest a while ago when I got it from our very own Debbi (Ladysewforus) I was going to use i packet of Rit "Pearl Grey" dye. soak it in HOT water for 10-15 mins and then rinse.

Hope this helps.

Ben-

Thx Ben. Great idea. The one for JB actually looks a little off white more than grey. The production pics seem to go grey to off-white depending on the lighting. The white neck seal definitely looks like the way to go though.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back