Prox Lamif armor

FoxPrimus101

Jr Hunter
Well I'm a long time fan of the 501st and shortly after finding this group as well as few others I've decided to make my own armor. So after many years of having my own concept doodles I've chosen to go with a character I've created named Prox Lamif.

Construction is cheap for me because I have lots of cardboard laying around from my Lego building hobby, and because I work in a sporting goods store with the amazing discount of 40% off of almost everything;).

So without further a due! http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=187675
proxy1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like motorcycle racing padding?

Nice helmet concept! What is the shape of those parts on the dome?

Ermmm well good question! I've recently seen another member on here with a red and grey helmet with similar shapes on his helmet that I plan to have as head lamps but with mine I plan to stretch the "hood scoop" shapes all the way to the back of the helmet. lol I haven't gotten that far just yet as I still need to cut out the cheeks and form those but I'm workin on it!

Ok well I got a few more pic's for you guy and gals. Sorry about the slowness of my little project, my family was in town visiting for a week so I haven't had much time to work on it.
proxy-wip-b04.jpg

proxy-wip-b05.jpg

proxy-wip-b06.jpg

Well I have been stuck on if I should bondo and pollish my helmet before doing the head lamps or if I should work them onto the helmet the bondo and pollish around them. To be honest the biggest problem I'm having at the time is getting the shape right so these pics will show what I'm thinking of going with.
headlamp-wip-a02.jpg

headlamp-wip-a04.jpg

Once again more photo's in the link http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=187675

Well I've been a busy beaver with the holidays N' all, but I have found some more time to work on my helmet!

I've got some pic's of my scanner, paint samples to give everyone an idea of what I'm going with. The pearl green for the visor and orange with copper splash for the base color, then I'm thinking either straight copper or black greebles and or highlights. Also included the first layer of bondo started but I still need to give it a second coat and do a tone of touch up still.

Soo here's a few pics for you guys & gals.
scanner-a04.jpg
paint-samples.jpg
bondo-stage2-front.jpg

Of course all photo's can be found here ---> http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=187675

Beautiful looking. Love the scotch tape dispenser for the range finder :D It does actually give a great look to it.

lol thanks! I really wanted to go with something more original looking and I had an empty tape dispenser after X-mas wrapping and it hit me like a bolt of lightening. I think the best thing about that piece is if you cut away all the excess that you don't need it really has a lot of detail to it!

I'm actually using quite a bit of Lego parts on this helmet. The ranger finder has some bits of Lego in it, the head lamp will use a Lego Technic 2 piece LED light that connects via snapping into Lego plates, and still planing to use some Lego for detail on my gauntlets.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back