TLobe00s Progress (getting pic intense)

TLobe00

Active Hunter
TLobe00s Progress (getting pic intense) 501st Approved!!!

I figured I'd start posting my WIP page...

Well, because of the economy and everything else, I am trying to keep costs low and what not. I will also be posting pictures as I go.

First the items I have: most of the costlier items were obtained through pawning off of my goods on Fleabay (6800 GT vid. card, Tungsten E2 Palm, etc...) The rest were from giving my wife puppydog eyes and living with the recourse of her giving me heck for having a strange hobby, lol ;)

Flightsuit - RedKap PB coveralls
Gloves - Target ladies accessories section
Vest - pleather from [AK]Edge
Holsters - from [AK]Edge
Ammo Belt - from thundrkiss
Chest Armor - Trashcan Fett!!!
Blasters - Rubies at the moment, but I found a way to make some :)
Knee Armor - PVC pipe (at least trying to do it ;) )

Still need Gauntlets, Helmet, Girth Belt, Boots, and Leg Armor... I was hoping to get the helmet from Rupidupe, but alas Sithchick got it, congrats to her! :) But hey if anyone knows where I can get some of these items that would be most excellent :)

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if anyone knows the BEST and EASIEST way to add the short sleeves to the coveralls, I have been pondering how... I have seen some responses elsewhere in the forum, but haven't heard what is the easiest and who has tried what.

Tony

If the sleeves are long enough you can just tuck some material in around the arm and stitch around making a cuff. If they aren't long enough you could cut the sleeves off where you have enough material to fold under to make the cuff. Then you cut off the sleeves off another set of coveralls and catch the new sleeve material in the stitches that you do to make the cuff. I hope that all makes sense.

actually, that was what I came up with through my pondering... I thought I could make a hem since the sleeves will be under gauntlets anyways... but having two sleeves looks more authentic.

Thanks for the ideas :)
Tony

Got a girth belt on Fleabay... hopefully it is the right size :)

Still need Gauntlets, Helmet (maybe one from Sithchick :) ), Boots, and Leg Armor & Cod

How hard is it to convert Boba Gauntlets to Jango?

Thanks... Yeah I see that he seems to know what he is doing with the Jango gauntlets :) but alas I think he is focusing on leg armor and small westar runs now :(

Is there any others and the cheaper the better of course :)

Thanks for the info though,
Tony

Sithchick said Sarge is going to pass his helmet along to me, yay! I am getting closer...

All that's left:

Leg armor, cod piece, boots, backplate, rocket pack, gauntlets

(below is Sarge's old helmet... it is a Bradley Fett... doesn't look too bad ;) )

zahn026.jpg

How would these work for boots? I thought about filling in the edge on the soles a little with some rubber compound.

z094_black_1.gif

z094_black_3.gif

z094_black_4.gif

Here are some shots with the gear on... granted the girth is too small (I have that hidden in the back ;) ) I also have the girth in the cargo hold for sale.

Tell me what you think and what needs improvement... I know the vest needs taken in a little (it is an XL)

jango1.jpg

jango2.jpg

going for 501st approval, and I am sure I will upgrade to get to movie accuracy... as for the rocket pack, I want to find the cheapest possible route to start with, and then move from there.

Tony

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back