CAST ALUMINUM FETT (phase 2) - w/ comparisons

Here are some progress pics. The rangefinder stands on its own. A screw is holding the ear cover in place. Also you can see the thickness of the metal in the 'inside' shot. Because Boba is painted I decided not to 'polish' the helmet up and leave it a bit textures so the paint sticks better.

cleanedup1.gif

cleanup2.gif

inside1.gif

finderdown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a GREAT helmet, I wish I had one ..... JUST LIKE THE ONE PICTURED ;) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I would show a few comparison shots. From left to right:
DP97, my aluminum helmet (not cleaned up) and DP95/6 FG cast

Thanks to Chrima for taking these shots and the use of his wonderfully painted helmets.

Fetts4.jpg

Fetts5.jpg

Fetts2.jpg

Fetts3.jpg

so tk581 whats the chances on getting one of these absolutely awesome miracle sculpts...

i would love to have one...EXCELLENT WORK....

Simply stunning. THose comparison shots really make it easy to see what a piece of #*@% the DP's really are.

My hat is off to you!

Jer

Looking good Brian.

I must say, I have had the privlage of trying on Brians AlumiFett. I have a hard time fitting on the Don Posts, His helmet fit great. It looks great wearing it too. I think he nailed the size perfectly. It is not a great deal larger than the Don Posts, but certainly noticable.

All I can say is... Anybody want to buy a Don Post 97 helmet?

Anyway, great job Brian.

Holy crap it's Chrima! Heh, sorry, but I feel like Maverick and Goose in Top Gun "Holy crap, it's Viper!" Ok, so I guess my allergy medicine is kicking in...:wacko

I do have to say once again though, that is a beauty of a helmet. You definately got the market cornered!

OPPI wrote:so tk581 whats the chances on getting one of these absolutely awesome miracle sculpts...

i would love to have one...EXCELLENT WORK....

thank you. It's a hell of a lot of work... PM me ;)

Pics of Jango coming soon.

man your helmet its awesome dude.
and ist like the "mystery helmet" on size or smaller, and another Q? how much cost(for you offcousre), answer if you want :) man i loveit that helmet ... :)

secol_FETT wrote:man your helmet its awesome dude.
and ist like the "mystery helmet" on size or smaller, and another Q? how much cost(for you offcousre), answer if you want :) man i loveit that helmet ... :)

Thank you...

I'm not sure about the size... the mystery helmet is a mystery to me - never held one etc. but I can only imagine that it would be bigger because it's a pretty hefty piece of work. I could be wrong though...

My personal costs are pretty high - it's a labor of love.

TK2692 wrote:I lied. Second question. Thought of doing the body armor in aluminum yourself?

Of course! Guantlets too (in time) I will custom make the armor to fit me. It's sort of in process.

heat? I don't quite understand. Does it get hot to wear? I don't know - never wore it outside for any leangth of time.

Hey hey 581, forgot to come over here and comment on this, looks great!

So when do I get one?

BTW, where does this name come from, Hand-Schaub, are you trying to confuse people?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back