CAST ALUMINUM FETT (phase 2) - w/ comparisons

obi1kenny wrote:BTW, where does this name come from, Hand-Schaub, are you trying to confuse people?

I think everybody should have a Hand-Schaub. For those of you confused - I was TK-581 - but that being a Stormtrooper designation and this being a bounty hunter forum - I thought Hand-Schaub was a more appropriate name. I can be found on the RPF as tk-581 though.

oh man, that is too cool! I wonder how close we're getting now to being able to have a Fett bucket we can wear to ride motorcycles!

Wow - didn't realize this old thread would still get noticed. I assume this is due to some older members being quiet and new members emerging.

There is a thread on casting the helmet... let's see if I can dig it up.

In the mean time - for your viewing pleasure, here is a shot of the completed suit with helmet. (all armor components are aluminum) The car is stainless steel (don't confuse the two)
Sorry for those of you who have seen this shot a few times already:

Jangodmc2.jpg

but what does your name mean hand-schaub?

i did a google image search and i got these 2 pics...

hochzeitss%E4nger%20ingo%20schaub.jpg

Schaub-02154-tn.jpg

:-D

Okay.. I get the car and the armor.. but I think a dire question needs to be answered here.. Where's the scantily-clad hottie on the hood of the car? :lol:

Seriously though.. nicely done, man. I agree with the above posts - you would, and could, make a lot of cash from those who want that armor. Then again, something extremely pleasing about owning something (personally created) that's unique. Again, nicely done man. (y)

Thanks again everybody. There are a few of these helmets hovering around. The only Boba I know is Chrima. He's a big guy so he requires a big helmet with a bit extra flair. His armor is styrene but also a custom sculpt.

The price of metal and my current school involvement would make it next to impossible to make any of these in the near future. The require a great deal of work in the wax and metal and I do ALL that myself so each helmet takes a loooong time. I would love to make some more again but I would need a decent order size to do so. I have no plans on leaving the hobby so stay tuned...

You can put me on the list for a helmet! Awesome job! Could use real armor too. :)

Keep up the great work, and again, put me on the list!

:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back