Hasbro conversion to Phase I clone pilot

No hijack at all, post anything and everything you want as it's nice to have numerous artistic minds giving input here.

C6, I like your sculpt. I had heard the master was broken and the project halted, so it's great to hear otherwise.

Like already stated, the mandible and mouth areas are exagerated in their size on the hasbro helmet. The CW pilot version sports infantry ears. However, stormtrooperguy, I don't feel the mouth juts out a lot more but instead is just wider. The profile shot of the efx helmet makes the mouth look like is has some Jay Leno action going on as well.:D

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    504 KB · Views: 664
I start by drawing everything out 1:1 scale. I do most of the shapes in urethane foam.

I started out by painting two halves black and gluing them together.

2965628253_c1bf08c8fc_m.jpg

This is the center line that goes through the whole piece. No matter how you carve this up, the center line stays in the center.

2965628291_c882b0e474_m.jpg

I transfered the shap of the dome to the foam and started carving away.

2966476312_38659eefdf_m.jpg

The foam shapes much easier than trying to sand Bondo. It is much the same principle, you sand it to the desired shape; make lots of dust.

2965628355_c91bde1ee0_m.jpg

I started off with the face and collar of the infantry helmet I made years ago, and they are virtually the same.

2966507276_a4341153c4_m.jpg

Every time I see a big block of foam turn into something like that helmet, I have to pick my jaw up off the floor. :eek:

Cruzer, I love your clone pilot, and can't wait to see what you do with this helmet! You make a dang fine clone, sir. :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I start by drawing everything out 1:1 scale. I do most of the shapes in urethane foam.

I started out by painting two halves black and gluing them together.

2965628253_c1bf08c8fc_m.jpg

This is the center line that goes through the whole piece. No matter how you carve this up, the center line stays in the center.

2965628291_c882b0e474_m.jpg

I transfered the shap of the dome to the foam and started carving away.

2966476312_38659eefdf_m.jpg

The foam shapes much easier than trying to sand Bondo. It is much the same principle, you sand it to the desired shape; make lots of dust.

2965628355_c91bde1ee0_m.jpg

I started off with the face and collar of the infantry helmet I made years ago, and they are virtually the same.

2966507276_a4341153c4_m.jpg

Amazing!!

thank you.

Wow, nice to see all the masters giving input and inspiration, let alone education to us all. Theres a million ways to skin a cat, some just work better than others - LOL...

LC, thats going to turn out too kewl!

C6, thats a thing of beauty..I have been following your flickr too, its awesome, thanks for sharing that. What do you use to coat your foam with?

Wow, nice to see all the masters giving input and inspiration, let alone education to us all. Theres a million ways to skin a cat, some just work better than others - LOL...

LC, thats going to turn out too kewl!

C6, thats a thing of beauty..I have been following your flickr too, its awesome, thanks for sharing that. What do you use to coat your foam with?

I couldn't agree more.

I love it when people show progress. Some big prop makers just show the end result. Never how they got there.

Way to go guys!!

Where can I get one of those official Porterville work benches?:lol: Looking nice. I want to hear more about your new purchase. Give me a jingle if you have a chance.(y)

'nother question on the foam... can you vac form right over that, or do you use that to make a negative mold and then pour a positive out of ultracal or something?

I did a little reconstructive surgery on my EP2 Hasbro conversion, I think whilst the chin does stick out quite a bit it is the width that really makes it look a bit pointy, basically I cut out the chin section as it was basically one piece and stuck it back in from the inside thus setting the chin a little further back in the face, then built up the area around with bondo and blended it in, Great work so far Cruzer and six what type of foam is that, I need to get me some of that (y)

oh and here is mine so far (y)

Image007.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back