ESB paint scheme

mereel-153.jpg

rustoleum sage as the base. Aside from mixing I think it's the agreed-upon out-of-the-can color.

Russet acrylic hand painted for the red.

Charcoal acrylic hand painted for the grey. I know it looks blue with the flash.

Phil

Is the back of the helmet(right under the red strip) the same color of the cheeks or the base color? And is the part right under the cheeks the same as the base or lighter? Plus does anybody know what color the vent in the back of the helmet is? i thought it was Silver or gray. or am i mistaken?
sorry 'bout all the ?'s :confused. i just want to get the colors as acurate as possible.;)
Thanks again.:)

ESB colors
Visor area..... red or rust color.
back key hole area.... red or rust color (same as visor area)
Dome and lower cheeks.... light(ish) green
Cheeks.... charcoal/dark gray
back of helmet.... dark green

Thanks jmp and Lyn Txp 0369,
However i have yet another
icon5.gif
What is the color that everybody is using for the right and left earpieces? I know that the right one is a goldish color but i don't know exactly what color to pick up. And is the left one the same color as the base? :confused
Thanks yet again. :)

I used a gold/pewter sprayed very lightly and at a distance to get a reasonable match to the ESB color on the right ear-piece. The left ear-piece seems to be a close relative of the helmet green.

I think these should help you...:)

right_ear.jpg

left_ear.jpg

Thanks tylerdurden,
but the picks aren't loading. i just see a bunch of evil red x's.

Oh never mind, they're loading now.
That looks really good tylerdurden. :cheers
Thanks. :)

Thanks for all the help,
but i was just wondering if the helmet was the same color as the rest of the armor in esb. or is the armor still spruce green, from what i heard mentioned before. Plus, what color paint is everyone using for the back of the helmet? is it the same as the armor or darker? :confused
thanks again. :)
and if i think of any more questions, i'll be sure to ask. ;)

The helmet is a lighter green than the armor. Take a look at most of the ESB pics, and you'll notice the armor is a tad darker.

As for the back of the helmet, well, let me just show you :) :

helmet_back.jpg

OK i am finally about to paint my helmet. i have almost all the colors i need, thanks to everyone. however there are a few colors i haven't been able to get.
1) The Russet Acrylic, is it called anything else? i couldn't find Russet at our local Wal-Mart. or is it not at Wal-Mart, that's where i got all our other colors.
2) is the back of the helmet under the red the same color as the armor(Spruce Green) or is it the same color as the area b/w the cheeks and the visor(Charcoal Acrylic)?
3) I would also like to know how everyone weathered their helmet (colors, techniques, etc.)

Oh and tylerdurden, for the right ear piece did you use an actual color called gold/pewter or 2 seperate colors( were they spray paints or acrylics)?

thanks Yet AGAIN, :)
sorry bout all the Q's, I just wanted to paint it really soon and wanted to do it right. :confused

Quote:1) The Russet Acrylic, is it called anything else? i couldn't find Russet at our local Wal-Mart. or is it not at Wal-Mart, that's where i got all our other colors.

Now I am not 100% sure about this, but I think the acrylic JP used was in a bottle and he hand painted it (not a spray paint). It might be available at Michaels. Another alternative is to use Krylon's Ruddy Red/brown primer and lightly mist it with a watered down black until you get the desired shade (airbrush).

Quote:2) is the back of the helmet under the red the same color as the armor(Spruce Green) or is it the same color as the area b/w the cheeks and the visor(Charcoal Acrylic)?

It's neither one of those colors. It's closer to the armor color but with a darker green and more blue mixed in. I'm not aware of any color in a can that represents that shade of green on the back of the helmet.

Quote:3) I would also like to know how everyone weathered their helmet (colors, techniques, etc.)

Testors chrome seems to be pretty popular for the base metal damage. OUr resident paint-guru, Motorfish, cut a sponge into a fine point and dipped into the cap of the spray paint, which contained a small amount of the Testors Chrome. He used the fine point to detail the weathering.

Quote:Oh and tylerdurden, for the right ear piece did you use an actual color called gold/pewter or 2 seperate colors( were they spray paints or acrylics)?

I think it might have been gold. Either color will do, but the key is to spray lightly at a distance and build it up to the desired color. If you spray it too close with too much paint, Boba will look like a pimp. :D

Yes, TD is right.

Every color on my helmet is hand painted with the exception of the main 'sage' color. I'm not crazy about the look but I don't have the patience to mask everything off. I can paint by hand in my room late at night without disturbing anyone else in the house :) Necessity...

Barn red or something similar would also work.

For the 'cheeks' I use a 'charcoal' color.

For the back I use a 'black green' color. I'm happy with them, but they may not be entirely correct.

Hope this helps,
Phil

that's encouraging to hear! lol

It actually doesn't show up in pictures, but in life it's very dull and some of the brush strokes show. The spray paint I think gives a much more 'metallic' or professional looking color and texture.

I didn't mean that I was ashamed of it, just that given a choice I would prefer spray paint.

Thanks for the compliment,
Phil

Thank you all very much.
I plan on painting my helmet this weekend.(fingers crossed)

and the only other question, as of right now, is what color the little rectangles on the side of the helmet are.
I have a DP '97 and figured that it would be easy enough to just leave the ones that are on it on, since they are so extremely weathered on the actual ESB helmet.
unless anyone has a better idea or maybe a pattern.

So what would be the best thing to do? 1) just leave the yellow rectangles that are on it on or 2) just repaint them on after i finish the rest of the helmet.

Thank you all so very much again. :)

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back