Sw Costumes??

The key to winning costume contests this time of year is to find one that is judge determined and not by crowd. The cheering of the crowd always goes to the girl wearing the least amount of clothes, were as judges can at least look at a costume's merits. Just my 2cents.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Kinda what I am worried about.:facepalm

This phrase is generally used to describe those hot chicks but I think it could be used for a Fett 'tume too... "If you got it, flaunt it."

I've gone out to bars in my Boba and entered costume contests and lost to the half naked women. It's filled with drunks cheering for skin and cleavage...

Like Mark said, you have to find one that actually judges with a judge... not crowd noise. Good luck!

P.S.

As for the 501st's stance. It's your own costume, you paid for it... do what you want. Just don't attach the 501st's name to it in any way. You're just Joe Six Pack out to win a costume contest.

So it seams to me that what we need to nail down the winning spot in the contest is a chick wearing a boba feet costume with little armor pasties covering her up and well boba already wears a thong so ...... hmmmm:lol:

So it seams to me that what we need to nail down the winning spot in the contest is a chick wearing a boba feet costume with little armor pasties covering her up and well boba already wears a thong so ...... hmmmm:lol:

I think I need to start making my girlfriend a costume for next years contests...

I won alot of costume contests with my TK suit, they were all gift cards for the bars that i won them at. Made for a Great halloween.
College campus bars you have a very slim chance unless they have catagories. But get outside the campus and you can usually get at least a 2nd or 3rd place. If nothing else bring a photographer in your group cause the pics you will get are priceless.

Also it has worked as a great recruitment tool. I met my first 501 member through halloween bar hopping and have recruited 3 members from wearing my costume out on halloween.

Go for it! Enter and hopefully win!!!!! If not, no biggie. You had fun anyway. Regardless, you will have a ton of people that WILL like your costume and ask tons of questions. That for me is the fun part. The best two I hear are: "So how much did you pay for that costume?" and "Can I get one like that on E-Bay?" Answers are "A lot." and "No. You can get something(****) on e-bay but not like mine."

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back