I Finally got a Bucket! (long post--sorry)

maj hassel

New Hunter
It may need some work but I'm really very happy with it.

I'm putting together a ROTJ Boba and really didn't want to go SE--not after what they did to the sandtroopers :facepalm.

So, when a ROTJ bucket came along--at a nice price, I might add--I was totally stoked.

(Click the picture below to see pics)

PA120006.jpg

The helmet was the first ROTJ to be painted by Rogue Studios. Unfortunately, due to unseen forces--a girlfriend, I believe--some of the paint work got damaged.

The damaged areas are indicated in some pictures by yellow arrows.

I realize that I probably have my work cut out for me if I plan to restore the helmet myself because I'll have to match the colors exactly to the ones done in the studio. Hopefully, they'll help me out by imparting some of their knowledge and technique.

Part of me feels like I should see if I can have the studio do the repairs but the other side says I shouldn't be such a cupcake and do the work myself. I'm sure if I do it myself it will impart a sense of pride--as well as a few more gray hairs, no doubt.

After the repairs are made I want to use some sort of clear fixative or coat to help protect the paint from any future mishaps--any suggestions?

A it is, the RF is glued permanently upright. I plan on replacing the stalk and ears with a movable assembly and I'll probably use Rare earth magnets to hold the thing together. when I'm really feeling ambitios I'll add a R/C unit and LEDs to the RF to make my journey to The Pimp Side complete. 8)

I'm in line for some rubber interior pads and MQ board that Stormrider makes which I'll use instead of the helmet liner.

I do have a few questions, though:

• Do I need, in order to be accurate, a different colored vsior?
  • Should I reinforce the interior with fiberglass?
  • Anything else I should know?
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and for any help or advice you may offer.

Cheers!

BobaBucket

BobaBucket

Last edited by a moderator:
Great bucket. I think it shouldn´t be that big thing to repair the paintwork by yourself.
Maybe you´re able to get the colors from Rogue Studios to get it done.
Within all those color-scratches the helmet has in origin, it shouldn´t be seen afterwards. :)

BTW: Yes, what did they do to the sandtroopers?

BTW: Yes, what did they do to the sandtroopers?

I should have rephrased it as, "what they did with the sandtroopers."

Perhaps I'm a bit of a dweeb and nitpicker for being such a purist when it comes to the original release, but in the SE they inserted a bunch of ROTJ troopers with really bad weathering jobs as filler--just so they could slap in more CGI for the sake of having more CGI. :angry

...okay yeah, I'm a whiny dweeb. ;)

Maybe they were standing a little too close behind the dewbacks??

Sandtroopers-hd.jpg

And don't even get me started on the ab-plates, sniper knee-plates--or lack thereof--and the backpacks....hey, this thread was supposed to be about my new helmet!! :wacko

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back