ESB Gloves!!

Slave1 wrote:

Boy, you really DID lighten those up didn't you Art!

Heh heh. Left them in the back window of the car a couple days too long (doesn't take long in the summer Georgis sun) but I STILL sold them for $120 on eBay WHEWHOO!!!!

Shelby, we are def going to have to get together with this new material and see if we can't make version 4 the final revision! :D

journeymanprotector wrote:

lol, KEEP THE NEXT PAIR! lol... Is it just that you don't have a costume ready so the gloves aren't a priority or is it a nagging in the back of your head, something like, "well the NEXT version will be the best and I'll keep a pair of those" and you just keep making revisions?

Phil

:) I HAD a costume, but there have been so many new and more accurate parts available that I've been upgrading a LOT lately (i.e. gauntlets, helmet, jet pack), so there's not much of a finished costume left.

I had also refiberglassed my mannequin originally to be in a more dynamic pose (none of that straight as an arrow and leaning against the wall for my display). However, with all the other revisions I'm doing, it seemed like a good time to make the pose of the mannequin even more interesting. I've been doing lots of sketches on how I'd like to have the mannquin now and I've narrowed it down to two poses and variations of those poses. Even considered some crazy ideas like sculpting out a section of burnt Sarlacc tentacle to lay at our boy's feet on the base :D

Basically, I'm waiting for warmer weather so I can fiberglass again.

Any opinions on the base? I've considered doing a section of Tatooine packed sand dune sort of thing, or possible a section of skiff flooring.

And Art, haven't you learned that nothing is ever final on this costume? ;)

oh, a ROTJ boy...I hadn't realized...how...cute...

lol

For rotj depending on the pose you've got I would go for skiff flooring. I like the sarlaac tentacle, but if you did that I think sand would go better.

Of course (rotj knock coming) you could just make a large pit in the middle of the room, sculpt a huge sarlaac mouth and just have a recording of a baby whining coming from inside. People ask what it is, say, "oh that's my rotj Fett" lol

Just kidding,
I personally like the skiff floor better,

Phil

Yep, I would definitely have to lose the skiff flooring idea if I did the Sarlacc tentacle. Of course I could do mangled skiff floor "wreckage".

I like the ESB costume okay, but in the end I prefer the ROTJ suit. I think the gauntlets are nice accentuation to the maroon areas on the bucket. Also, there just isn't the great and extensive costume documentation that's out there and available for the ROTJ outfit. ;)

I am going to do an ESB bucket, though, for the obvious reasons of it being a much more precise look. I like the combination of that w/the ROTJ suit, and there are a lot of promo pics out there w/ that combination.

Ahh, the good old days when people only did the pre-production suit. Nowadays I don't see ANYONE doing that version.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back