Who wants to win a Jango Helmet?

Wow! I really didn't expect so many replies so quickly. This is making it hard to decide. I will say that this MLC lid is pretty big so those with small melons might risk looking like a bobble head. Just a thought.

want this helmet because I can’t afford one and I am starting a Jango costume and don’t have the skill to make a helmet as good as this I am a future member of the 501st or would like to be if i can find a good helmet .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!
Im Takren and I live in Brazil.
Where I live it's very hard to get good materiais and quality references, if I won this beautifull helmet you will not just help me, but all fan community here.

To know us please visit:
Oya, mando'ade! (kinda heavy post)

Kote and Vet'!
Takren Naastar (Renato Takahashi)

Absolutely Gorgeous helmet this is.

This would be great to have because, I'm having trouble with the earcaps on my helmet. I have no rangefinder either. The back of the helmet is alot better. This would help out tremendously since it is complete and ready to go with the rest of my mando I have been trying to do for years.

Best of luck to the winner.

You a generous guy Rup in a time of the credit crunch with us all effecting us some way or another in the world.

hmmmm this is an awesome helmet... i just got my jango that i saved up for and when i got it the helmet does not fit my head.. i was going to sell my jango because of this reason... i didi not realize that there were different size helmets.... the flightsuit and armor fit perfect, but like i said my helmet is way too small for my head,. if i were to win this i would give ya my fiberglass helmet to give to someone else.... i use to own a AP stormy but sold it for this jango i have now.... we normally go the local childerns hosiptal in costume for the kids that cant get out for halloween, but this year it looks like i wont be going.... anyway , if i could get this that would be awesome and i would attend out childerns hosiptal halloween party this year. good luck to all who entered thanks for the chance to win this. rod

well, i'm not going to pull any punches here. I haven't got a sympathetic or bleeding heart tale to tell.

I've been working on a set of armor for paintball off and on for the last couple years. one of the remaining peices i need is helmet to beef up and frighten people in the feild even more. they run scared from the armor, i'm sure they'd wet themselves at the visor.

Times are hard, times are tuff,
I need this helmet, cause I need more stuff,
I'd make this helmet, I got the skills,
but to make this helmet, would take lots of bills,
I'm building my army, of lids you see,
so will you please, give it to me,
I have no room for it, my shelves are full,
but I love this helmet, and that's no bull,
It's gonna take time, to complete this set,
but it sure would be cool, to be Jango Fett!:D

Update. Here is the helmet side by side with my Boba Maker Helmet. As you can see it is wider. The Boba Maker helmet is the size of the screen used helmet at least as I'm told. It fits me great. The MLC is excellent for someone who needs a little more room for their melon.

There are so many worthy candidates here that I wish I had more buckets to give away. I'll have a decision by Friday latest and will send that helmet out Friday so someone should have it by Monday of next week or so. Thanks everyone for the input. Keep it coming. I might have a few other items that I can do this same thing with...we'll see how this goes.

:cheers

DSC02198.JPG

here is my helmet that is too small for me.it has a metal stalk , that you wanted me to post.... rod

I am new here and would like to win this helmet to give to someone else.

that I think deserves it. He works a full time job with the police force and waited for me while I was in the Army and raised our kids 3 for a quite a while.
On the weekends he makes armor and props for our 6 year old son and several newbies here on the board and in the 501st garrison.
He has spent his weekend time for the 501st and several charities. He has helped our local squad go from 1 guy this past year to 5 ( once he finishes my Tie this month). he goes out of his way to make sure me, his son and other garrison members have what it takes to have an awesome time trooping. I see him fiber glass, reincorce, add fans to and do all these modifications to other people's helmets.
Yet he has a barely passable jango helmet. I see him drool over other people's helmet while he has a cheapie. Every time he saves up half enough to buy one he spends it on some one elses costume.
i know for a fact if he won this helmet he would place his own up for give away ( probably after replacing a part ot two.
Bottom line he gives to SOO many other people I would be excellent for me or anyone to give back to my husband ...Sgt. Skirata

I would LOVE to win that helmet.

Now comes the hard part. I've always been a Star Wars fan like many here but it wasn't until my 6 yo son took an intrest in it a few years back that I really got in to it. Last year my son was diagnosed with a form of Autism and we went to a Autism awareness walk in Orange County CA. There were several Star Wars Characters one in perticuler was Jango I thought it was the coolest thing ever. To see my son eyes light up was an Awesome feeling. This year has been pretty tough we have started home schooling my son and you want to talk about stress:angry:cry I am very blessed to have such a smart and patient wife. Halloween is my familys favorite day of the year. My son wanted to be Jango and he wanted me to be boba. He also realised that I would be his kid :lol:. I would not be Jango this year, but my goal is for next year to be in charactor for the Autism walks. This would definitly give me a jump start.

Charles

ChadwithJango.jpg

WE HAVE A WINNER!

The top 3 Fett hopefuls based on my choices were

Sithchick
Tk-9135
TLobe00

I did the ole draw a number from the hat trick and the winner is... SITHCHICK!

Congrats!

I really want to thank everyone who submitted a post and have to say that the worst part for me was only having one winner. I considered making a trade etc...but in the end opted to stay with my original plan of picking 3 and choosing...it made it less messy. Thanks to all and stay posted. This felt so good I think I'll do it again soon with some other items I have.

:cheers

Rup

Maybe Sithchick can donate the old helmet to one of us that were the finalists that don't have a Jango helmet at all.

Just an idea you know :)

Also Arod, how much would you want for your old helmet? I need one but haven't a lot of coinage to spend on one.

Thanks,
Tony

WOW!! Thanks and yes
Not everyone may want this helmet So I will tell you all.
It is part of his Jango costume that he is prepping for 501st ( he just needs a grey vest and he's in). The dome is slightly scewed ( you REally have to look close). It passes at the 10 foot rule but not the 10 inch rule. It would be great for a beginner wanting to get into the 501st ( as that was what it was made to do)
It is a fully paintede Jango helmet ( paintjob needs touched up) the sarge has trooped in it with the 501st 5 times. It is a Bradley fett helmet made of some sort of plastic. the sarge will replace the green visor it has a scratch. It has padding and a Metal rangefinder stalk that doesn't move. It is fairly solid.

zahn026.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back