MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics)

DSC04401.gif

Is that you in that last pic? Great job with the MR CE

Looking at Shysa's armor; the belly plate seems different to me. In most of the pics it looks like it's not even there and in another pic it looks like it folds out to reveal a pair of blasters

one of our mercs recently completed a very nice looking set of protector armor. i don't think he ever posted the pix on mercs though. i've only seen them on his myspace and star wars space pages. anyway, i'm going to get him to post them here asap.

Just for the record the pic of Fenn with his helmet off and with the blue markings on his helmet ISN'T a fan pic. One of the members of TDH was the face model for it but the artist was commissioned to do the artwork for a Star Wars insider Mandalorian History issue.

Just for the record the pic of Fenn with his helmet off and with the blue markings on his helmet ISN'T a fan pic. One of the members of TDH was the face model for it but the artist was commissioned to do the artwork for a Star Wars insider Mandalorian History issue.

I was aware a costumers/fans/TDH members did pose, just not for an official publication! It appears as if my ignorance has come back to bite me! Obviously I've yet to see that issue, although I am looking for it. Thanks.

one of our mercs recently completed a very nice looking set of protector armor. i don't think he ever posted the pix on mercs though. i've only seen them on his myspace and star wars space pages. anyway, i'm going to get him to post them here asap.

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing it. It would be only fiitting for him to be here, since this is the world's foremost Braintrust on all things Protectors!

If I'm not mistaken, my Myspace page link is below, hit me up on there. I'm sure we already are friends. Maybe forward his profile to me, if you can.

Is that you in that last pic? Great job with the MR CE

Looking at Shysa's armor; the belly plate seems different to me. In most of the pics it looks like it's not even there and in another pic it looks like it folds out to reveal a pair of blasters

Yes it's me. That MR CE helmet does make all of the difference in the world. Now I don't feel like a bobblehead! Now, if I could only get my armor to cooperate!

Yes, I saw the fold out belly blaster. If I'm not mistaken, some of the early sketches for Boba had that as a feature, and it made it to the RMcQ figure. Like we've discussed here before, you'll never see the same clothed and accessoried character the same way twice. The creators of the old Marvel comics weren't that worried about attention to detail!

Don't forget Shysa is also seen sporting this look:

Blood_Carver.jpg

Note the complete lack of torso plates, instead having what appears to be a kind of flack vest. The jaig eyes are gone, the shoulderbells are red, the gauntlets are yellow (but do appear to include the built in blasters from the original Marvel image). The gloves have a red version of the Boba "dot" on the back of them and he appears to be carrying a DT-57 heavy blaster similar to that used by General Grievous.

Whoa!!!! were is this from ,can anyone tell me?

I've done alot of looking into the story of the Mandalorian Protectors, and they seem like a more ragtag band of men trying to organize as a Mandalorian fighting unit than an army of Mandalorians rallying to the call of Mand'alor.

Here's what I'm getting at...

When Jaster Mereel took control of the Mandalorians and created the Supercommando Codex, all of his men were Mandalorian from the start, with the exception being Jango Fett, whos father was the former Journeyman Protector and possible descendant of Cassus Fett. The only true organization the Ori'ramikade had was Mand'alor, and his second-in-command. All of their fighting units were organized on a case-by-case basis and there were few distinguishing features among them, with a few exceptions:

-The cape on the left shoulder was very prevalent through the ranks. Nearly every member of Mereel's men wore one.
-The only armor that was uniform was that of Mand'alor, red trim, and his second-in-command, blue trim.
-They adhered closely to Jaster Mereel's teachings, acting as a single fighting unit, instead of breaking off as individuals.

The Protectors, formed from the remains of the Supercommandos, were much less organized in who they accepted and where they came from, former Death Watchmen, Concordian and Mandalorian police, and many others who responded to Spar's call. Their uniforms were based on Boba's, which in turn was based on Jaster's. Every Protector we've seen wears green armor with red trim, jet packs, and the same undersuit as Boba. By the time of the dissolution of the Protectors, all uniformity had been wiped away. The only thing that held true was Mand'alor's authority, and even then it was circumstantial...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, that's pretty good but, still lacks some. For example... if ALL protectors wore the same flightsuit as Boba, explain Tobbi Dala and Fenn Shysha's green flightsuit.

Also, based upon Mandalorian culture, anyone willing to accept the call of the Mandalorian life could assimilate and become Mando'ade. It had nothing to do with bloodline or birthright. Examples of this in Jaster's, Jango's and Boba's time are Jango Fett himself, as you mentioned, Kal Skirata and Walon Vau. I'm sure there were MANY more.

Jaster and then later Jango's "True Mandalorians" were not neccessarily the cream of the crop or the best of the best. They were Mandlorians who believed in Jaster's methods of ruling and fought to stop the Death Watch from returning the Mandlorians to their more barbaric past. They did have some type of rank structure bu uniform trim color, which I'm sure help establish the initial color based rank system for the Clone Troopers.

The Mandalorian Protectors were a different group altogether. They were a new rise to the Mandalorian culture post near obliteration. True, MOST seem to have worn armor colored like Boba's. Bt, it's unclear if that was a "standard" for their appearaence. The only true standard we really have confirmed is that Journeyman Protectors wore a red sash/girthbelt. We already know that Fenn and Tobbi had a slightly altered appearance from teh Fett style Protector uniform. So, who's to say there weren't more and to what degree their variance was. It's been established in cannon that Mando'ade typically wore colors that had siginificance in meaning, familuy meaning, personal tastes or mission specific reasons. That was not new to the Fett Super Commando era, that spans Mandalorian History.

By the time of Fett's Super Commando's, Mandalorians have re-established themselves as a Galactic Force although small in numbers. One Mandalorian, even those not in the Mand'alors personal guard, were worth at least 10-15 soldiers from any other army. By this time, there's no need for a unified military and no need to prove they are still a force to be reckoned with. It's established. Mandalorians are know to be throughout the galaxy and ar doing what they want or need to do. However, as seen in the LotF books and I'm assuming the the series with teh Vong (sorry, never read it) it shows they are ready, willing and able to answer the summons of the Mand'alor.

There is clear evidence that by the time Boba took the position of Mand'alor few if any Mandalorian Protectors were wearing the green flightsuit and/or armour seen in various pictures. Goran Beviin, Ram Zerimar, Briika Jeban and others all wore their own colours, as described in "A Practical Man". Just something to bare in mind.

The green coloration IMHO was a designator color during their employment with the Seps. The original 212 were a battalion, and most likely needed to dress for it to disassociate themselves from other mando'ade who had be hired on as mercs. This is really the best answer I can formulate on why the somewhat standardized color of the green armor. I'll see if I can find a better one, but this one makes most sense at the present.

Hey anyone out there,Im rather new to this site,so sorry if I post this to the wrong thread,but I realy realy want to make Fenn's armor,well the helmet is preety much confirmed,but the shoulder emblems,the action fig shows one,but Im very curious about the "portrait" pic,there is one version that partialy shows it but its coverd by Tobbi Dalas face...so if anyone can supply me with different versions of pics of any kind of emblems ,insignias he has,please let me know.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back