kelloggs conversion?

LittleBuddy

New Hunter
so iv lined up the kelloggs with the pic from the movie, and lined up various parts of the "real" helmet to the clone helmet. what kinds of things need to be changed? how would i go about changing them? any references?

helmetcomparisontd3.jpg

some things i think need change are: the fin, curving and shrinking the neck part, widen the visor, extend the front mouth piece, straiten the back of the helmet. ideas?

-thanks, LB

Last edited by a moderator:
ok. so the first thing i did was out the fin, cause it was horrible, and didnt even line up. Next, i cut the front top piece (not the trim though), and angled it down more. ull see what i mean in the pics. i think that i changed the look a lot with just that simple adjustment. its only taped on right now, i just got some bondo so ill piece the two halves together (hopefully) tomorrow. iv never used bondo so this will be a learning curve.
1. no changes
2. no fin
3. cut top, repositioned, taped in place

oct19mb4.jpg

i think that the next thing ill do is try and fix the mouthpiece. looking at these two photos, u can tell that the length of the helmet is fine, and the angle of the outside of the mouthpiece is accurate, but it is decieveing because of the angle of the actual mouth (black, breathing holes... that thing.) any ideas on how i should go about it? i think i may also need to mke the dome of the helmet come up a bit higher, but im glad i got rid of the huge vertical forehead that was on it before

jawcompyn4.jpg

alright, so since i took out the original fin cause it sucked, i made a new one out of Bristol board, and taped it to another piece of bristol board, and fed it up from inside the helmet. (
fininsert4.jpg
- not my picture but it shows exactly what i did). i dont think im going to change the angle of the mouth piece seeing as it will be insanely hard, and i probably will NOT be able to get it the way i want.

so then i cut the whole jaw apart, as well as the lower back half, repositioned them so they were in the right place, and taped them together. then i bondo'ed the inside bits of the bottom part of my helmet, for practice, and to secure it so that when i bondo the outside, i dont have to worry too much about actually holding it together, but to make the plastics seem smooth.

oct192kk3.jpg

these lines show exactly where i cut. i cut the whole jaw off, and i almost cut off the back, but i left about an inch in between the cuts on each side.

alvesfz1.jpg

here's just a quick showing of my conversion so far. one of the next things ill do is cover up that square hole by the ear
treetransishaz8.jpg

**i dont have visor, so i just photoshopped a solid black where the visor would be. anyone know where i could get a visor? or what material the visor should be? thanks

UPDATE: iv redeigned the fin to make it look more like the one from the movie. pics tomorrow

it's coming along nicely.

one side effect of the alterations is that the vent slots on the side are no longer all parallel with each other... the last 2 are at a different angle.

ya, its only on the left side, the ones on the right are all good though. i dont think its too big of a deal though. ill see wat i can do to line them back up.

so this is where im at right now. im still bondo'ing the whole thing. im leaving the top for last because i still have to take to front half of the top off ad make some more cuts. iv got 'no more nails' super strength glue all over inside the thing.

img7811uf5.jpg

i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how i could make the ears more rounded at the top. thanks

just a quick comparison to what iv done so far

complu4.jpg

i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how i could make the ears more rounded at the top. thanks

so i've got a lot of bondo on now, and i think im ready to actually attach the front top half and fin. this is where im at right now. ive filled in the square holes at the ears, and bondo'ed almost eveything and smoothed it all out so its almost seamless. looks pretty good i think. im gonna bondo the tops of the ears to get the rounded shape. what do u think so far?

newcompzu1.jpg

any thoughts/tips? thanks

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back