Deunan Knute Battle Costume

SeattleZam

Jr Hunter
Hey gang!

I'm starting the discussion here, spawned from Russ' amazing Briareos helmet cast thread, for people who want to do the Deunan Knute outfits.

Myself, I'm in love with the ESWAT armor seen on the Takagachi figure, the black stuff with the sword and pistols. That's a rubber bodysuit, which would be terrible to make in real life, any suggestions on alternate materials with the same read on camera?

ANyone want to help with the hard armor parts?

Anybody start this one yet?

Deunan "Shiruba"
(Yes, named after Appleseed Deunan)

awesome - I must admit that I have always thought abt making armour.... I would offer services, but I just got my 1st shipment of clay and realised that it aint all that easy to do :(
Russ makes it look far to easy.

thinking of the soft armour - was thinking neoprene would probably look good, but will cost an arm and a leg to make.

Good luck - wil be checkin this thread regularly!

I can make the hard parts and maybe the soft as well. I'm currently working on Briareos' costume and will probably work through some of the problems. "every success begins with failure" as friend once said. But great effort yeilds great rewards! I'd be willing to trade or collaborate on this if anyone is interested. Can't go around as Bri without my Knute! Thought of making a custom wig for her great hair-do.

I am working in metal armor right now. light aluminum but plyable but shiny. Not sure what the design is but tradition hasn't stopped my last 2 customers who have me doing custom stuff.

Do ya have pics hand drawn or otherwise?

So I'm ordering the action figure, since the parts come off the costume on it, and then I'll make scale life-size paper mockups of each piece and the patterns for the suit. It's not that difficult if you sort out the layers.

Obviously my waist-length hair won't work, so I'm going to braid it up and don the wig. Advice on where to get that is most welcome. The action figure's hair is awful.

There is a base suit and then hard parts and strapping that fit over it. Here's some of the pics of the action figure to give you an idea.

Takarafigure2.gif

Takarafigure3.gif

I think hard plastic/abs/resin would be best for the armor parts. They are painted matte black. They might even be modified current military gear, I'm going to check.

And hey, I'd need a Bri to hang out with!! You're on. THanks for all the enthusiastic help guys!!

Deunan

Hi all,
My girl and I are revving up to work on the new Appleseed suits this year to hopefully debut at cons next year. I already built the Hecate rifle for Deunan, and prolly will buy DangerRuss' helmet.

Unfortunately I'm on a business trip right now XD and can't post a photo of the gun. Once I get home I'll edit my post. I'm totally interested in trading/ buying kits from others. Most likely to start with the Eswat police badges first.

Hi all,
Finally got back from my trip. I took some pix of my Deunan's Hecate Assault Rifle. I'm not aclimated to plastics and such, so its made of foamcore. =T sorry for mediocre pix. My camera sucks.
hecateep7.jpg

I also have made Deunan's Gong pistol/shotgun:
picture008xq6.jpg

And the Assault rifles from the first CG movie:
picture012xw7.jpg

Comments welcome =)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back