Yet another scratchbuild bucket

maycol

Active Hunter
First of all, thanks to WOF templates, and now.... with the pictures (i started my bucket past saturday) this weekend i'll work on the keyhole, the rangefinder and the "ears", comments PLEASE !!

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

looks good... what material are you using? I want to try making one as well and need to get some supplies.

Thanks,
Tony

I will be posting more pics on monday, the theory is the same, but the practice.. oh my the practice, bending carboard is a little tricky, but use the water spray metod that antman used, actually his tutorial is pretty helpfull, im just a begginer at this, but hopefully i'll finish this project, by the i used a lot the glue gun for the inside to make a strong hold, and on the outside wood glue (and a lot a lot of patience).... i guess that's for now, any questions just feel free to ask ;)

looks good... what material are you using? I want to try making one as well and need to get some supplies.

Thanks,
Tony
For starters.. (thats for the basic shape)
1.cartboard (be mindfull that it need to bend easilly, but steal has to be strong)
2.glue gun (and a lot of silicon tubes ^_^) you dont want to run out on the middle of the build.
3. wood glue
4. cloth hangers to help you as extra fingers LOL
5. maybe in some point a helping hand (one glue's, the other grabs)
6. blowdryer to help you dry the glue (wood and silicon)
7. Oh yeah the x-acto knife with a lot of blades
And i guess i said it before: a can full of patience

Lookin excellent so far bruv... I have no talent when it comes to card!

Fair play to you...
Keep up the good work! (y)
Oh dont think i'm an expert on cardboard Mojo-Fett, the only time i worked with it was in school while studying graphic design but thats it.... when i started bending the basic shape of the bucket i became really stressed that i could do it, but i little help of me wife, look at it now ^_^

Don't sell yourself short buddy... I tried the cardboard thing and, well lets just say it went to recycling? :lol:
I take my hat off to all of you that have the kahunas to do this. (y)

Keep up the good work

It was a busy weekend for me, so could do to much to my bucket, i went shopping whit me wife, so took the chance to buy bondo, sanding paper and block and a can of primer ^_^ i guess next weekend its gonna the day when my bucket finally go's to the next step closer to its completion, and now for some pics

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Whoa:eek:
That's some great progress in a short amount of time.
It's looking really good.(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
very impressive...obi wan has taught you well....:) great work bud!! that is awesome...i need to try that, and start making some helmets of my own!! really cool, brother...(y):cheers

Looks like you're following the Antman method? Anyway I'm still curious as to what that cardboard is. I'm using grey mattboard.
But you seem to be getting great results with that brown stuff, it's not corrugated is it?

ty
-Tom

No, its not corrugated, that would be a problem in the bending because it cracks, its just a normal cardboard about a 1.5 mm thick, i bought it in a artstore called Blick Art, the sheet is about 1m - 80 cm long, i had to bought 2 (you know for any mistake or something like it)

I finnally glued the ears and did the angles using the knife process in antman's tutorial, just be extra carefull no to cut one finger ^_^ (i almost did)

And now... im in the "outside" step of the helmet, and i say outside because the bondo has a really strong smell and the wife would kill me if i did that inside the house ^_^ (Oh by the way... thanks to my beautiful wife on helping me aplying the bondo to the helmet), she was all concentrated aplying that thing like she was decorating a cake (LOL) And be sure you apply enough cream hardener if you are using bondo, because if you dont, it will take days to dry (im saying this because it happend to me, lol), And now, for the pics...

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back