Custom Mando (pics)

runJEDIrun

Active Hunter
Hey everyone, just wanted to start a thread for this custom mando i am putting together for one of my brothers for xmas. Started off with a DP95 helmet and worked my way up. It isn't based on anything from the comics/novels just a little something he was interested in having. Let me know what you think.

primed, sanded, and sprayed with a metallic coat.
DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

then the masking.
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

then hit it with some Krylon Emerald Green and wiped away mask
DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

excuse the poor photos (flash) :facepalm

Not sure what else i plan to do to it, but it will probably involve adding another darker green then doing some intense weathering. we will see...

probably something like this
WIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great man! I like the greens, they harken back to the Mandalorian Protectors and Supercommandos a bit more than other colors.

thanks for the comments everyone. He wanted something along the lines of camo originally, but i was having some difficulty with it. First he wanted a digital camo look, then we tried a Commander Gree scheme, then a Barc Trooper scheme and settled on this somewhere in between lol. He plans to eventually acquire a full set of armor so it looks like this is just the tip of the iceberg. :)

Your weathering is pretty sweet, it reminds me of the ROTJ Boba style; and your metal basecoat looks really nice and reflective. Much better than most other rattlecan metals

Your weathering is pretty sweet, it reminds me of the ROTJ Boba style; and your metal basecoat looks really nice and reflective. Much better than most other rattlecan metals

thanks man, yeah i was actually really impressed with the way this metallic spray paint coat came out. After it was dry there was a dusty film left on the surface which i just wiped/buffed down with a paper towel. it was ACE CHROME ALUMINUM. Had i spent more time on sanding down the primer and being neat, it would look pretty nice on a Jango i think and definitely a lot neater and faster haha! :D

I think you understand the ramifications if you've accidentally found a spray paint that can substitute for rub n buff. That would make my life sooo much easier

I FINISHED!

finally found the other color green and weathered it up. This piece is finished. Hope my brother likes it. Now I have one more to go for my youngest brother. He is looking to do a blue custom with orange and I am picking up a bucket from GypsyBoy.

Here are some finished shots before and after weathering.

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

and now with weathering...

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

moving on to the next one now haha. :cheers

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back