Collar stud & Jet Pack hook placement

Bobby Fett UK

Active Hunter
Collar stud & Jetpack hook placement

Hi guys, I am so close to getting my costume finished. I need to know the correct spacing/location of the collar studs and jet pack hooks i got today from Madmartigan.

Once this is done I am almost done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rob,
From pics it looks as tho the collar studs are placed about 20mm (ctrs) in from each edge... giving distance between ctrs of 50mm

Hook placement.
On my pack I have the hooks set 3 inches in from the outside of the pack.

hope this helps.

note: these are not hooks from Mad Marty. So I'm not quite sure that this helps at all.

hooksinches.jpg

Yeah the 'ctrs' of the hooks seem to be around 3" in from the back plate edge and placed turned outward as seen in the pic.

bp4.jpg

jjetinner.jpg

For the hooks, it will depend on your backplate. I had my backplate on a mannequin and put some duct tape on each hook where it would attach to the jet pack.

Then I held the jet pack so it was centered on the backplate with the top of the backplate of the jet pack (the blue curved area that would actually contact the back) just about an inch to an inch and a half below the top of the neck on the backplate per reference photos. Then I placed the hooks themselves so the tops were parallel to the backplate slots and about a half inch to 1 inch below them. That way, when the rectangle rings are attached, there is just the right amount of sag. The duct tape will hold them in place once you get them in the right position, then I drilled my holes right through the holes in the hooks. Used a piece of flashing with the same holes as a backplate inside and #8 bolts, nuts, and washers to hold it all on.

Hope that helps! I'd post pictures, but the whole shebang is in transport to Texas as we speak. You can, however, get a general sense of where mine ended up by looking at the jet pack hook thread. I have a photo of mine on the jet pack there. :)

Good luck!

Chris

Hi guys, I am so close to getting my costume finished. I need to know the correct spacing/location of the collar studs and jet pack hooks i got today from Mad Martin.

Once this is done I am almost done!

I have now adjusted the straps so a smaller amount of strap shows and the pack sits a little higher!

Cheers guys!

I marked the hook placement from the back plate. It was about that. I also had to place them below the top shelf of the pack - obviously! I am gonna wait re the collar studs until I have them in hand, as i don't want to get it wrong.

I think that is all i am missing. Will finish the black braid and then tidy them up to the correct length and shape - found hair spray works well.

Hey Mojo...what color did you use for the light green scratches on the ab plate? I spent 20 minutes searching the forum yesterday to no avail. Also, how did you apply it? Don't want to hijack the thread, so if you want to PM me, that would be fine too!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back