I NEED HELP! mandible issue

Hellhounds

Active Hunter
I have a Gypsyboy fett helmet and I have been working at it for a while. I've put it to the side for now till I finish my armor but something happened to it since I cut out the visor. The Mandibles have moved and are now sunken in. here's a couple pictures of what it looks like. How do I fix this?

IMG00194.gif

IMG00197.gif

If it was in a good position before you cut the visor area, you might be able to bring the shape back when installing the visor. In this case it's maybe better if you use on of the thicker and more stable grey visors (not the one you can cut out of the green faceshields). I forgot the name, but somebody on the board makes them.
You might better be using screws instead of glueing the visor. I used this process with my Don Post Helmets (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=23019&highlight=don+post+practice). Good luck!

Is this resin or fiberglass? On my SgtFang resin helmet, the same thing happened, and I was able to re-shape with a heatgun.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back