Greetings!

Nyx Mandalore

Jr Hunter
Hello all!

I'm new to the forums. I got it in my head a few weeks ago that a Jango costume would be a cool idea. However, being the geek that I am, I refuse to do it half-way and lo and behold, I found this site.

I have to say, I've been looking through a lot of the site and am utterly amazed by what you all have been able to create. I hope I will be able to create something of similar quality some day.

Anyway, just writing this as a simple hello to the Jango costuming community. =)

This will be my first foray into costuming of this type, but I'm looking forward to the experience (and probably the frustrations).

One quick question though that in my reading I haven't seen addressed yet:

How do you do the black lines on the Jango helmet? I've seen people's build threads about other parts of it but never that one.

Thanks and nice to meet you all!

-Nyx

Welcome bro!

Most people here, such as myself, have been using 1/8" automotive pinstripping. You can get this at auto stores, such as Advanced Auto.

Welcome man, one suggestion. Dont forget to do searches for questions you might have. Even if you think you tried searching search more. Most answers are on this site. Everyone here is great when it comes to helping new guys, however only when they make an effort to help themselves. ;) Goodluck! oh and good choice going with :lol:

Ah cool. That makes sense. Is there a good way to ensure the height is consistent and smooth all the way around?

I havent found a *perfect* method yet, but Ive been just using my eye and a ref pic of the screen used one. The best way to get the appropriate distance is to use the front triangle details as a starting point. Once you get the lines looking the right distance on the top and bottom, its just a matter of trying to keep them consistantly even.

This is actually the reference pic I use, cause you can clearly see where the lines are in relation to the triangle details

Ep2VDcover.jpg

And here is the black automotive pinstripping on a helmet I just finished painting:

007-25.jpg

It's not perfect, but its as good as I can get it for only using my eye.

Hope this helps!

-TC

for the stripes I bought a 1m length of black adhesive vinyl from the local sign company. then i just cut the strips at 3mm wide and applied them by eye. make sure if you do this you have a sharp knife and a metal rule to get the lines straight.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back