Oya, mando'ade! (kinda heavy post)

takren

New Hunter
head.jpg

Oya, mando'ade around the world!

Here I am, on behalf of Vode An, a Brazilian mando'ade group created to gather fans and beskar'gam makers in Brazil.

We study the Mando culture, language, beskar'gam, traditions and everything having fun! :D

We are really newborn and we were officialy introduced at Jedicon SP 2008, one of the the annual SW Cons placed in São Paulo.

This last one had happened last October 11th.

As Dented Helmet is an important meeting point for mando'ade from everywhere, we decided to introduce ourselves.
Let's exchange experiences, ideas and sure, make new mando'ade friends...

Here are we and our beskar'gams:

man04.jpg

Picture on stage of Jedicon SP -2008

man05.jpg

Our Mandalore "Canha", me and Michel

man03.jpg

Backstage, before our first "mission"

man06.jpg

Aysin Fett with the host of the convention

ATgAAAAuV39ST6fZQ_LtXfQSLvLW_aGUalC.jpg

Aysin and me ready to action :)

HPIM6364.jpg

Our Mandalore "Canha"

And some pics of my beskar'gam:

1-2.jpg

2-3.jpg

31082008178.jpg

31082008179.jpg

31082008174.jpg

31082008173.jpg

31082008183.jpg

Feel free to comment. We like very much to know opinions and who knows, tips? :D

you guys have some pretty nice kit. The first thing that jumps out at me is that you need to replace the visor that came with the jango rubies. Cut it out and get a welding face shield for a cheap fix; it'll make your buckets look 10 times better

you guys have some pretty nice kit. The first thing that jumps out at me is that you need to replace the visor that came with the jango rubies. Cut it out and get a welding face shield for a cheap fix; it'll make your buckets look 10 times better

Hi!
Thank you very much.

We didn't have enough time to properly make it.
I intended to do it, BUT... As the date was so near, I decided not to make it before the event. If I had trouble with the helmet, I wouldn't have enough time to replace it.

The "pink" Mando, Karia-kih also didn't have time to finish the visor.
And Galaar, the tallest at left, had problems when finishing his helmet two days before the event and lost it completely. :(
He borrowed one from his friend. :)
But be sure, it's one of our next steps.

Oh, and thanks for the welcoming! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Apollo and Rokeim,

Actually the visor of the helmet was the first thing that bothered us, but we had no time or extra helmets to risk. Our biggest problem is that the helmet is already sold out here where we live and we will have to import if we need more.

We have one of our "Smiths" (Marlon) working in the manufacturing of helmets for our use, which will lower the production cost for new armors. After all, the helmet is what draws more attention in the armor.

Thank you for the welcome and I'll post the making of my armor soon.

Takren

Wow, this is very nice!!! Very much like the red/silver and yellow mandos. Nice to see such a great group already formed. Warms the heart! =)

Always nice to see customs. I love seeing what people do using their imaginations. It's one thing to recreate something seen in a movie or comic book, it's a totally different beast to create something from your mind...well done all!

Well, I know that most of the people post the concept before the final armor, but I loved so much this illustration that I wanna share with you all.

Hope that you guys like it.

My idea now is to draw every member of the squad.

takren2.jpg

Ret'!
Takren

Oya, mando'ade!

Well, it's been a while since the last post, but I have news to tell:

• First I would like to show some illustrations of mandalorians that are part of the brazilian group Vode An of mandalorians fans: http://takren.deviantart.com/

• Second, on December 14 the Brazilian fan club of Star Wars (CJSP) will make the Christmas meeting, the last meeting of the year. If someone is passing through Brazil on that day let me know: P

Thanks all
Ret'!
Takren

Thank you very much.
We are trying to get some good quality photos, I'll post them as soon as we got it.

The encouragement we received here is pretty cool, make us want to do our best.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back