first armor painting attempt

my first attempts at painting ROTJ armor please tell me what you think
DSC00362.jpg

not yet weathered...... more to come

Looking good! The weathering will change it again. You 'may' want to consider a matt coat on to seal it all, but like I said, looking good.

I'd have to agree with D, for your first attempt bruv it does look pretty good... but maybe over done it on the yellow. (y)

meybe if you misted a little flat black on it the yellow might not "pop" out as bad. very good though. I wish mine looked that good on my 1st attempt!

Good question!!! I've still not figured out the best way to do it, but I've been using duc-tape to do that for years. Works just fine!!! Its really easy to memove if you need to, and it only takes a few minutes to do it. Only downside, is that after while, your lights will slide down some & you will have to readjust, but usually you can make it through 2 or 3 outings before you have to readjust.

maybe ill test some of that out tommorw see how it works tommrow i will finish the neck plate pics soon to come also imma try and get pics of a fan system i got in my mystery

neck armor
DSC00366.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

Helmet interior fan set up
(once again sorry for the darkness i think the flash completely blew out)
DSC00369.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

3 fans 2 medium sized on the sides 1 just a lil bigger then a quarter in the center top of visor
4 9v battery connection on top of visor
1 switch back of helmet near vents

The fan setup looks pretty good. That'll probably be the next thing I tackle after everything else is set to go. I have not yet trooped in my suit so I'm not sure how hot it's going to get under my lid. I can only imagine.

Are you painting topical or layered?
Looks good either way.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back