Zam Binocculars

bountychic

New Hunter
:zamHey everybody,

I am looking to buy the binocculars for the helmet. If there is anybody out there in the Zammer world that has one for sale, please send me a message.

Thanks,
Jescica

Thanks guys.. I totally missed that thread section when I was hunting for info. I plan to look on e-bay and see if they have the older models. If not.. we'll see what we can find that is close I guess.

These are the binoculars needed:

binocs.jpg

The thing is they changed the design so now this style that has been made for many years is now no longer produced. I'm sure there are millions of them out there... it's just finding them now is tough.

The problem is the style, brand name, serial number, etc. are still the same. They didn't change any of that information so it's tough to buy these online. Some dealers online have the old photo and might send you the new design and you can't explain what you mean to them over the phone or email. You will most likely have to find a used set on ebay or find some in an older sporting goods store who still has some old stock.

The new design is more sleek and if you look here:

binocs_new.jpg

If you have a tough time seeing the difference, look at the focusing knob in the middle. The original had a lot of "knurl" or grooves and also notice the entire center support structure has changed. One good thing is the crystal and lense assembly is still the same. I've been able to buy 2 of the old style and 4 of the new style and make 2 complete zam binocs from those.

I may not be able to offer binocular assemblies with the helmets anymore unless you can track down and provide some of the original binoculars for me. I could make due with only one set of the originals and two sets of the new ones. I can get the new style ones locally no problem so if you would like a helmet kit with binocular armature and binoculars please try to track down at least one set of the original binoculars. :)

thanks,

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back