WIP: WOF Gauntlet build

TK2280

Active Hunter
Ok. I am trying to save a bit of cash on this costume (Jodo Kast) So I was going to try my hand at the WOF Fett gauntlet plans. I started on the right side first. I have most of it done. And I must say it does not look that crapy :D

I will have pics up later today.

I have no idea how to make the stuff that goes into what looks to be the flame thrower sleeve. So if any one has pointers or pics or tips of what they did, that would be great.

2nd. After it is made. (I used 1mm thick plastic) what do I do next. I have seen some people use bondo on it. If so what is the best kind to use (is there more then 1 type :confused I have no fracking clue) and do I just kinda paint it on in a way over the parts so it is not gooped all over it.

any way, I will have pics up later today when I get out of work. Stay tuned to this topic, I have a feeling I will need more help when trying to build the left one.

Thanks,

rob

if you have big gaps or need to round corners. use bondo.

If you have small gaps, sand it smooth and use a gap filling primer.

If you want to make a plug for making a mold, use bondo and filler on the inside to make it tough and heavy.

The time you spend sanding and filling will make a huge difference in the end.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back