MLC holster mod and my side arm

tbone9600

Active Hunter
With Haloween coming up I finally decided to make time to finish the last piece for my ESB Fett. I got lucky a long while back and got a pretty good deal on a MLC side arm and holster, but it had the knife pocket and with recent evidence I decided to mod it. With a dremel and a cutting wheel, some bondo, an old leather belt, snaps, and chicago screws I think it turned out really well. My only question is, Was the snap painted? On with the pics.

Sidearm002.jpg

Out of the box.

Sidearm007sm.jpg

Knife Pocket removed and Straps fitted.

Sidearm010sm.jpg

Bondo

Sidearm012sm.jpg

Snap added and a coat of Primer and Paint. Notice that there are some imperfections as far as smothness goes. I wasn't too worried about that since I'm sure they weren't nice and "finished" on the set either.

Sidearm018sm.jpg

Holster finished. Now I just need to paint the gun.

Sidearm019sm.jpg

Silver added.

Sidearm024sm.jpg

A little color. I used a GM duplicolor color called Camel something. The lable wasn't all there. I got it at the parts store.

Sidearm026sm.jpg

Done. I also added some black felt material on the inside to help protect the finish on the pistol.

what is the holster made of? what is the origional made of. I am looking for one WITH the knife sleeve ( for practical purposes) to use for multi purposes. Also how does the Jodo Kast grenades slip over the holster does anyone know? Oh and also AWESOME WORK!!!

Thanks. The real ones are made of a rubber-like material, I think. This one was made of fiberglass. As for grenades I'm not really familiar with Kast's armor yet.

Is the holster black or brown? I've been looking at screen shots and it looks black to me for sure. I ordered one from MLC and asked him to paint it black. He's going to but was surprised since he said he's never done one in black, only brown....

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back