jeffrobot on e-bay recast my iron man

DangerRuss, I highly recommend you contact Skygunbro with this guy's actions and personal information, so he can submit it to the AC (Armorer Coalition) who specialize in dealing with recasters. It's amazing to see how quickly they can get the word out by the hundreds about this creep!(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, for all the support. Update for you. I contacted him to gently remind him of our agreement, and , well he won't pull the auction and even offered to sell the mold to me with first dibs! Outrageous! Says he is not selling castings. Although that mold looks used.
He said he could care less of my on-line friends, and their views on the matter. Well, if he does sell the mold he would only profit about $200 assuming he spent up to $300 in silicone, Is that worth getting this kind of rep? Plus whoever buys it assumes it's his art, only to find out later and wonder why people won't buy from him.
I know this isn't my character, but I did sculpt this. Did any of you get Lucas' permision when you made your fan-made Fetts?

Last edited by a moderator:
DangerRuss, I highly recommend you contact Skygunbro with this guy's actions and personal information, so he can submit it to the AC (Armorer Coalition) who specialize in dealing with recasters. It's amazing to see how quickly they can get the word out by the hundreds about this creep!(y)
I second this. They are very good about dealing with and getting the word out about re-casters. He would also be blacklisted and it would make it so he can't buy any more props/molds from other makers on the boards. Sorry to hear about this.

Aloha, and try to have a good day.

Chris

DangerRuss. It's a matter of principle. You did an amazing sculpt of this, made a few casts of it, and he is taking credit for YOUR WORK!! That is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Dude. You are an incredible sculptor to be able to create something like that!! You are an artist!!! You want someone to steal your art?

What if we all bombard him by clicking the "ask seller a question" button, then call him out? There has got to be away that we can put the screws to this "jacktard":lol: with our sheer number of brothers and sisters on here.

first off, i must you did some pretty freaking good art. now his customers will think it is his art, which is down right low. i checked a plastics store by my hosue recently and they said to recast something as big as a bucket would cost about $120. and Fett buckets are a little bigger than the nice work you did for that iron man one. sorry to hear that people can be such bastards man. but technically is it even legal to make these helmets that we all enjoy so much with out permission of lucasarts?

If I had the money bro I would buy it, and send it back to you.

Too bad that would support this pudwhack. Sorry to see this happen.
:(

hey TK9135 - thansk for all the lenses btw in the past :D

Russ - did this get resolved? looked like the auction was pulled? Hopefully it was.

Nate

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back