need some advise..

psych0ticmisfit

Active Hunter
So, I have a face mask I am making. I plan to use the brushable rebound 25 rubber to make the mold, and make the mother mold as well.

My question however is how will i make the casting of the mask. Is there a way to make the urethane plastic thicker to brush on and make it all evenly casted?

any advise on making the mold or casting it?

help please this is my first sculpt and it will be my first time making a mold.

psych0ticmisfit
photo.gif

psych0ticmisfit

Question to you first, isn't Rebound 25 a silicone base product?
If I am correct, a product called Thivex is a thickening agent also sold by Smooth-ON.
This product will make the liquid silicone as thick as you want it be.

yes, from what i understand and have read the rebound 25 is a silicone that will get thicker as it sets, and the trivex will make it thicker as well, but what i am wondering is what to use to make my casts. if i use regular smoothcast 300 im pretty sure it will be too "thin" to stick to the side walls and just kind of puddle in the bottom of the mold.

is there a thicker urethane i could use.

Unless you use Smooth-On's Rotocast, the best bet to do what you want(from my experience) is to mix up small batches of SmoothCast 300 and pour it into the mold, then slosh it around in one area of the mask. Do this until it starts to gel and harden, then once it doesn't move around a whole lot anymore, mix up another small batch and focus on a second area, third area, and so on. It takes a fair bit of time, but it works.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back