Changing Titles of Threads - Title is changed

Bubba Fett

Well-Known Hunter
Okay, someone tried to explain to me once how this worked (or didn't). On every board I use (501st, RPF, TPD, etc) I can change the title of the thread by changing the title in the first post of said thread, except on TDH. :confused

The Dent explained to me that there was a menu for doing that within the thread, but I have looked everywhere and cannot find the function. He said he was going to look into it on the other boards, but it does not look like this function has changed.

Has anyone figured out how to do this on TDH? I thought the ability existed on the old platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, not for me - what am I doing wrong?

By "change the subject" do you mean the title, or is there a field I am missing?

Weird, not for me - what am I doing wrong?

By "change the subject" do you mean the title, or is there a field I am missing?

the title... maybe it's just a forum permissions thing (maybe your account/group/something isn't allowed to do that?)

i'll ask zee dent to look into it.

Any more word on this issue? Still cannot change thread titles. Anyone else figure out how to do it? Is it an "admin only" kind of thing?

I can always start new thread to get the title changed, but then I lose all comments, so hate doing that.

This should be fixed now. There seems to be a small bug in vB regarding this issue. We have now set the threads so you can edit your own thread titles for 6 months after you have posted it. As a small note, you can edit the thread title directly, by double clicking on the container of the thread in the forum view page.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back