Visor Tint VS. Canon

escho34

Hunter
Hey, question for all of you ESB Fetts...I installed my green visor and in some light you can really see through it. I've checked and all the green ones come in only two different tints and I used the darker of the two...

How acceptable would it be to use a smoke tint instead? I'm all about staying true to the film with the green visor but I don't want anyone to see my face.

I was thinking of grabbing one of the visors from Rembrant Enterprises or looking into some other type of dark tinted visor.

So the question is should I stay with the green or not? Thanks!

Personally though my own research, I believe that ESB is actually smoked, not green. I believe that green was used when the helmet broke and was repaired after ESB. I use smoked, and it's a million times better than green.

Weren't you able to see the color of the visor in ESB? I clearly remember when they show Fett outside of Slave 1 as their putting solo in, that as he turns his head, the bottom part of the visor shows through, and you can see right through it to the backround.

But hey, this debate is an on going one..

Weren't you able to see the color of the visor in ESB? I clearly remember when they show Fett outside of Slave 1 as their putting solo in, that as he turns his head, the bottom part of the visor shows through, and you can see right through it to the backround.

But hey, this debate is an on going one..

You speak of the scene when loading Han into SLAVE I and hes on the loading dock overlooking it. If you freeze frame it right you can see that the visor is green with the light showing through in the backround revealing it

You speak of the scene when loading Han into SLAVE I and hes on the loading dock overlooking it. If you freeze frame it right you can see that the visor is green with the light showing through in the backround revealing it

Not to fan any flames here, but I disagree. Looking at that very freeze frame, I would say the visor definitely looks smoke-tinted. Here's a link to the still in the TDH Reference Library.

Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett

-Edit - Updated link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, ive been out of the fett game for a while but I remember seeing a freeze framed picture of him looking the opposite way (over his right shoulder) and seeing a green tint through the backlighting of the visor. Obviously this disproves it but I wonder if their was a publicity shot of that scene were a different helmet was used? Either that or my memory is just really really ****** haha.

Interesting, ive been out of the fett game for a while but I remember seeing a freeze framed picture of him looking the opposite way (over his right shoulder) and seeing a green tint through the backlighting of the visor. Obviously this disproves it but I wonder if their was a publicity shot of that scene were a different helmet was used? Either that or my memory is just really really ****** haha.

:lol: No, its not your memory. I know what still you're thinking of, but I can't seem to find it. I'm browsing through some of the ROTJ screencaps, but it actually looks smoke-tinted in these pics too. . . :confused

In all the screen caps in ESB it definitely looks green to me. I've tried a polypropelene malable green visor and that's what see through. I actually doubled up and two ply'd the visor and that helps a ton! It's almost perfect.

The other option from my local vendor is to use a molded green #3 visor which means it' way more stiff and more difficult to work with. I'll keep trying. I rather use what's canon but I don't want anyone seeing my face through the visor more so...

In all the screen caps in ESB it definitely looks green to me. I've tried a polypropelene malable green visor and that's what see through. I actually doubled up and two ply'd the visor and that helps a ton! It's almost perfect.

The other option from my local vendor is to use a molded green #3 visor which means it' way more stiff and more difficult to work with. I'll keep trying. I rather use what's canon but I don't want anyone seeing my face through the visor more so...

Could you post a screen cap from ESB where the visor looks green? In all the ones I've looked at, its definitely smoke-tinted.

Just a quick question, out of all the times I see/read about people meeting Jeremy in person, has anyone ever bothered to ask him? I figure he'd know, since, well he was wearing the darn thing

one thing that webchief and i stumbled across is that "green" and "smoked" aren't absolutes. we had been debating this issue, then he brought over one of his "green" visors, to compare to my green visor.

mine was GREEEEEEEEEEN!!!!! but his was a darker, greyer green. so while i was 100% sure that the visor wasn't green based on the visor i had, the green visor he had was close enough to smoked that i could see it looking either way depending on the lighting.

one thing that webchief and i stumbled across is that "green" and "smoked" aren't absolutes. we had been debating this issue, then he brought over one of his "green" visors, to compare to my green visor.

mine was GREEEEEEEEEEN!!!!! but his was a darker, greyer green. so while i was 100% sure that the visor wasn't green based on the visor i had, the green visor he had was close enough to smoked that i could see it looking either way depending on the lighting.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
We could, but Jeremy would also tell you that the armour was metal.

I know it sounds stupid to just ask him, but knowing what materials the costume was made out of versus color identification is different. I think it would be easier to tell what shade of color he was viewing the world out of while wearing it then identifying armor material.

If theirs anything that JB would remember from wearing the suit, I think it would be the color of the visor since he was looking through it the entire time he was on set. Next time someone runs into him someone should ask.

I'm glad you posted that pic, korn. I thought the visor was smoked rather than green, but the thing with that 'Slave 1 shot' is that it was filmed against blue-screen, so even if it was green, it may not necessarily show up.

As for the other shots where it appears green, are we sure that the colours are not reflections from his armour or lights or something? I'm pretty sure there was a thread devoted to this a while back, but I can't remember what the outcome was...

:facepalm

If I knew about this thread I would have asked him this weekend...I do know he is still in my city till tomorrow.
But I won't be a nutty SW fan and track him down...lol

If theirs anything that JB would remember from wearing the suit, I think it would be the color of the visor since he was looking through it the entire time he was on set. Next time someone runs into him someone should ask.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back