Zam screen used Gauntlet

Can I take a guess? It's 5 inches from the wrist to the forearm? I have been trying to sculpt this on and off for years, never accomplishing things due to having the kids.
And, i am happy that you got it! I had tried awhile back and lost on ebay to someone in california. Was that you? PM sent

Thats a sweet peice. Hopefully for the boards sake you will do a run. It isnt hard to mold something like this. Though from getting the first copy, that is when the real work begins. I can talk you through how to make a master mold of it so that you can send off a copy of it to be worked into molds that would allow useable pieces and also allow you to move forward on this project without having to send your SU piece anywhere.

Let me know if your serious and I will post a walkthrough for ya.

That's nice! I was bummed I missed it the first time too :)
It would be nice to have a screen used piece like this.

I'm happy. It looks like I got my sculpt pretty darned close!!! :)

As for casting it.... I honestly don't know if I ever want anything to do with making these gauntlets anymore. You don't know what you're getting into. They are a real pain in the rear to make. The first one will be somewhat fun but it goes downhill fast after that. Then again it depends on how "finished" the copy would be.

I don't know if I would risk messing it up. Depending on how you do it it could either mess up the piece and ruin the value and the authenticity of it or it will be a major pain. The leather is one thing that could cause some troubles. It's not like an original TK helmet you can just unscrew and go. It might be easier to sculpt one next to it using it as reference. Then again.... I could probably figure out a way to do it without too much trouble :) I'd like to see one of mine next to it and see how close I got :)

Nice job on the acquisition though!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, congrats on your acquisition. When this came around the first time and a few key people missed it, I thought it would never see the light of day again. For once, it is really nice to be wrong.

As much as I am all about accuracy and as much as having a casting off a piece like this might inspire me to actually work on a Zam costume for Mirax, I have to agree with MonCal... I think there is serious potential for damaging the piece if anyone but a pro cast it up... and even then, there is always some level of risk involved.

It is a truly killer piece and thank for for sharing the pics!

Having a real prop from star wars is absolutetly amazing.
And I´m happy that one of our members got it.
so we know it is in good hands.

About doing a copy of it.
I think if bikerfett work together with some of our quality prooft propmaker that had experience for over years than the risk should not be so much to damage the original.

If you think about to much damage, we would never had a real 100% accurate Jango Helmet, Chest Armor aso.

Last but not least it´s Chris decision and we will 100% tolerate his choice and stand behind him.

Thats just my 2 cent :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a piece to have gotten! Congratulations!
I would so totally love a set if they were to ever be made. Though I fear I might be a wee bit bigger than it was intended to fit.

Thanx to Cruzer I have a pretty good handle on how to mold this puppy. The tough part is going be replicating the other gauntlet which I have never sculpted anything before so it will be very challenging.

Biker

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back