*Official* what does everyone do for a living?

then thoust shall count to 3, and lobbyest thy holy hand grenade and blow thy foe to tiny bits....:D

love that movie

Last edited by a moderator:
Answer me these questions three: 1: what is your name? 2: what is your favorite color? and 3:What is the average air speed of an swallow? A: Which one, north or south?
Well, i don't know, i guess...*SPROINGGGG* AHHHH. :lol: :)

p.s. don't get mad i'm not sure the rite lines but its something like that.

I am a Deputy Sheriff and work at a jail. I previously was in the military as a Navy SEAL for 7 years. Tabomabi i live in Adrian, MI and you can't get much more southeast than that!

Though one may not get rich, and that is only because you don't know how to scam OT, if you like job security, being a copper is right up your alley. After 2 years in America's finest fighting force, the United States Marines, I am now enjoying my 7th year as a copper. I currently investigate and find those who wish not to be found. Kind of perfect for this hobby.

It's not for everybody, but I could not think of a better thing to do in life.

Yall are making me sick with your Python misquoting. Graham Chapman is rolling in his grave.

My Only Fettish, I'm with you. Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes jab at my eyes like flaming pokers or something. You're killing our language people! Murderers!

Then lobbest thou, thy Holy Hand Grenade, at thine enemies and they, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

'ooooooooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo!'

no, 'aarrrrgggghhhh' back of the throat, back of the throat.

no, ooooooo as in 'surprise and alarm'...

oh oh, sort of an 'AAAH'

yes yes...

'AAAAAAAH'

Phil

Sophomore in college and also work for a golf store (I'm the "internet guy" who works on our website(s)--we've got three going now)

Tatooist and piercer.If you have A hole that needs to get poked
I am your man.:lol:

Wishing I had a job so I could by more props! :p

-Austin

I have been a police officer since 1990 :cheers and I also started my own photography business in 2001 8) .

Pantera wrote:What's the oldest any of you became an officer? Is 31 too old?

No way, Pantera! 31's fine! And it's not old, either! (Older heads don't have to make quite so many mistakes before they learn!) :)

My Only Fettish wrote:I am the assistant director of a university Writing Center and I am a writing instructor, SO I NOTICE EVERY SPELLING ERROR YOU ALL MAKE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding about the spelling thing. ;) Seriously though, English teachers always get a bad rap for being obsessed with grammatical errors, but I really am not like that. I'm more interested in content than format, though format can sometimes detract from content. ..... Sorry about that--got carried away there! :p

Which university? :) I started this week as a writing consultant for the Cal State Northridge Learning Center and am also teaching first year comp there as part of my master's program. In fact, I taught my very first freshman comp class today! :) 8am - boy is that early! It was a lot of fun though.

So that is what I do now. :)

Grammar - ick. I will only bring it into my syllabus if I see a pattern of problems.

:zam Kim

p.s. The most ironic thing is I forbade my students to use smiley faces in their online writing - I want them to try to convey emotion through the written word :) :lol:

31yrs is not to old. Like someone said earlier when you come in at an older age you come in with a better understanding of the world.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back