FettPride V3 / SR V1 Rubber Knee Signup

Looks like knees are starting to arrive on doorsteps today. Ill be leaving tomorrow for a few days. Im gong to pm ppl tonight and I have a few pairs I can ship tomorrow.

Ill paypal the first 5. I think I have 3 that can ship. So first three to pay get them:) heh. The other two will be done early next week when I get back.

I hope you guys understand why im not taking all the paypals at once. This way I can keep it organized, and each group has the 3 ish days to reply, without getting bumped. If i messaged everyone the last guy to sign up might be the first to pay.

Plus I dont want to hold your money any longer than I have to before you get your stuff.

That being said, its back to the garage.

m2

i got mine today. beautiful! i'll pick up some black caulking this weekend. the flaw in the mold is so minor that i could barely find it... i don't think i'd even bother doing anything with it on my own, but i'll try the caulking trick. i bet it will look perfect :)

Glad you like them stormtrooperguy:) Cause I know you are a stickler for quality.

The more I looked at them, the more I thought I could have done better. I was worried everyone would get them and no one would go 'sweet'.

I actually didnt find the flaw at first. I had already pulled 5 sets before I went 'ohh thats a wierd one' then looked and they were all like that:)

My only other concern is they are heavier than light knees. So there will have to be a decent strap to hold them. I tried to cup the knee on the inside in a nice shape so it would hold its self up.

But as you can see. at least you wont break em:)

Ok I confess, I couldn't find the flaw. I looked hard in direct and indirect sunlight. I'll try again. :D Beautiful, they feel completely indestructible and look incredibly sharp.

There is some heft to them, on par with fiberglass probably, more than the FP vac'ed knees I have. The great thing is unlike the vac'ed or fiber knees a tight strap won't have you worrying about breaking at all.

The screw in aluminum darts will need to be glued in, the dart area is solid so you can't screw a bolt on a screw from the inside. I'm thinking I could cut off the screw head, drill a hole in the rubber and CA glue the darts in. I don't know, rubber darts may be the way to go if they are possible.

Great job m2!!

Dont cut your darts just yet!

Doesnt the dart have the bolt on it?

and a nut goes through?

You can drill into the rubber (carefully) with a drill bit thats 1/16th smaller than the bolt, and screw them in!

And you can fill the hole with gorilla glue, before you insert it, and 2 hours later, you WONT beable to rip it out.

Just dont dril in too deep.

If your bolts too long, youll have to cut _some_ of it off. but not all of it.

If its opposite where your dart has threads for a bolt from the rear, cut the head off a bolt, screw it all the way in the dart, and now you have a way to do above.

Remember to always sit and stair at something for an hour before you take action:) heh

EDIT I didnt fully read your post, your saying exactly what I did. but hay... its early:)

m2

Just my thoughts on this whole dart mounting situation...

But with the previous 'vac' knees you had to drill a clearance hole thro the 'back' of the resin insert that came seperate from the knee then screw the dart onto that now exposed bolt thread...

But with these new knees. once a pilot hole was drilled with a new/sharp bit then could a double ended (thread) bolt be used? you know the type that the more you tighten the dart onto it the more it would in turn tighten into the knee... therefore if you were to glue said bolt into the knee after screwing - It isn't gonna go anywhere! and the darts can be removed at will...

Just a tought? - That's what i'd do anyway? ;)

Exactly, but those bolts have 2 sets of threads, one going each direction. They arent easy for the average bear to find.

But your exactly right:)

I took pictures of the darts and screw and never posted them, hang on...

DSC05535.jpg

Not the clearest image of the mounting but as you can see the existing bolt tightens right to the dart. So a new longer threaded bolt with no head would need to be measured then threaded tightly in to the dart and then threaded tightly into the small drilled hole in the rubber mount.

i'll probably cut the head off the screw on my darts, drill a hole into the knee, coat the screw with goop, shove it in and let it dry. i doubt it will ever fall off. my first knees had the darts just gooped on and i never lost one.

Another option is threaded rod you can pick up at any hardware/home improvement store. It can be bought in foot increments, so you more for anything else.

Got my knees today ! They appear to be in good order and are Definately sturdy enough to put up with the kind of abuse i'll heap upon them.

Next up.. finding a paint thats equally as sturdy :)

we can find the double direction bolts, but its not as easy to find good fasteners here as u would think....

I have yet to find chicago screws anywhere. the only ones I can find are he ones with the biting flare pieces on them, for doing counter top knobs..... and not in any good size. ive checked home depot, menards and a few other home improvement stores

Michaels of Oregon sells smaller chicago screws they use for slings. They are about 3/8" wide by about 1/2" long when screwed together. Also, you can try www.chicagoscrews.com, they sell them by the hundred in lots of lengths and material.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im back. PM's sent to rest of list. I should have these all complete by sunday:)

Ill accept special orders of yellows at the end for + $20 as long as I feel the mold is still in good enough condition to pull high quality parts.

M2

Got mine the other day. Sorry, I shoulda told you sooner.
Now the big question, how is everyone planning on attaching these things?
With my sintra knees I could just JB Weld brackets with straps through them.
Not sure how I'm going to attach straps to these.

The attachment is going to have to be a couple things. They are a little heavier than sintra:) Thats for sure. I personally would create a small indention in the top center of the knee. And I would attach a snap.

This will aleviate the sliding down problem. I personally when I tested them used industrial strength velcro and super glue. I always put superglue on the industrial strength velcro. Then stick it down. Then spray through the other side with accelerator. But if you use accelerator get POLYSTYRENE SAVE CA/ACCELERATOR it doesnt get near as hot.

You could probably even use a bracket and a screws on the dart side of the knee, because the rubber is pretty hard. If you want me to experiment on a bad pull I will, but the pair I tested I used ca and velcro with firm elastric straps, and a snap.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back