Charlie's New Helmet *with pics*

charlie

Hunter
Well, I got my new Bobamaker helmet in the mail last week. It took my about 4 days to full paint it. It's not 100% yet (I need to add some grey to the lower cheeks) but I think it's a big improvement over my last paintjob. I've included some side by side photos with my old Sgt Fang bucket.

104_1829.jpg

104_1834.jpg

104_1836.jpg

104_1841.jpg

The Sgt Fang is on the left. I used a layered method; primer grey uncoat, followed by metallic silver and a clear coat. Latex paint masked off areas, and the the colours were added one at a time. Some of the red, grey, and yellow highlights were added via brush, esp on the left ear.

Here's a good pic of the mannequin display; so far I've gotten the new helmet, and repainted all of the armor.

104_1843.jpg

Charlie

holysmoke dude you did that in 4 days ?

WOW !!!

I couldnt do that in 4 months , shoot not even 4 years. lol

great job !!

holysmoke dude you did that in 4 days ?

WOW !!!

I couldnt do that in 4 months , shoot not even 4 years. lol

great job !!

I'll give credit where it's due....I spent a lot of time going over Superjedi's painting threads, even back from when I first joined TDH. Lots of good info on the boards on how to paint. It's a lot easier than it looks. :)

Oh, and lest I forget, the kill stripes and helmet decals are all from Scott. He does great work and saved me from trying to paint them on by hand.
Charlie

Charlie
That looks very good. It's great improvement over the previous bucket.
I'm still scared to try an ESB helmet myself
One of these days....

BTW- Nice mannequin :D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back