Captain Rex

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
i've been working on this since the sunday of dragoncon weekend, and put it all on for the first time tonight!

normal__MG_6559.jpg

normal__MG_6525.jpg

i've got a list of about a dozen adjustments i need to make for comfort, and some things that still need doing / redoing.

• shoulder straps need to be adjusted - digging into shoulders and pushing up mantle
  • mantle needs to be better attached to my body (straps under arms)
  • thighs need some trimming at the bottom
  • forearms need better curve at the bend of the elbow
  • trim on the kama stinks. gotta be darker and wider
  • kama is too wide, and overlaps in the back. gotta take a good 2" off either side
  • build the thermal detonator
  • make the holsters and guns.
  • better secure handplates to the gloves
  • get better gloves. mine don't have long enough cuffs and are too bulky
  • put round greeblies on the sides of the shoes

but despite that long list of things to do, i'm pretty happy with my first time putting it all on!

That looks sweet! I really dig the toon-style parts you did. Are those TB bells for the shoulders? They fit the bill nicely!

That looks sweet! I really dig the toon-style parts you did. Are those TB bells for the shoulders? They fit the bill nicely!

good eye :)

yup, TB bells that i rounded out at the bottom a bit. the dish style clone ones just didn't look right on the toon style suit.

i'm going to keep working on more stuff to toon-ify it. first up will be the shins, since that's my least favorite part of the armor. too... bulbous... needs to be much more fitted and curvy.

Brian,
WOW that is great! I've been waiting to see one of these done.
BTW I recognize those IKEA displays behind you, I have 2 of them full of Preds and Aliens LOL.

well i had taken a liking to him when i watched the clone wars movie, i didn't know, then i came acrsoo the face that he had the same eye mrkings and now i figured that had to be it, i liked him subconsciosly because of that. it would ahve been cool if they had given him the range finder on the left side going the other way.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back