What do you guys paint the back of armor?

Spankuh

Active Hunter
I'm about to start painting a set of FP3 armor and was wondering what to paint the back of the armor with? Do you leave it primered? Paint the base color of the armor piece?

Thanks!

HH

I think he means the inside of the armor. The not seen pieces.:facepalm
I have been thinking about this myself, as i too am going to start my fp3 armor ordeal soon.(y)

I paint it full spec... as per ref pics.
It depends on how 'accurate' you wanna go with your set up? ;)

Ah...
When I painted my armour what I did was to 'over spray' the base green onto the edges of the armour so if it was caught at a weird angle then the green would still be seen but for the most part it was left white.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on your attachment method, it may be better to avoid painting the back of the armor. Some glues don't adhere well to paint.

Depending on your attachment method, it may be better to avoid painting the back of the armor. Some glues don't adhere well to paint.
Exactly what Batninja said. I painted the edge of the back of my armor just in case it shows. A lot of time if you attach velcro or glue something on, you are attaching it to the layer of paint vs the armor itself. The paint layer can peel off and what ever you attached will no longer be secure.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back