heavy mando idea!

that is a pretty slick x-wing

Before you paint any more you definitely need to fill in your seam lines with bondo or wood filler. It will look 100x better

hmm i guess your right, i had ignored those up until now

wood filler? would plastic filler be better?
and what exactly is bondo? i live in norway and im having some trouble with the translation so i cant really find any

bondo is an autobody filler that can be found at hardware stores or autosupply stores. It's a two part mixture that you can put into the seams and it will harden. Then you just gotta sand it down.

I'm not really sure what plastic filler is, but I should have mentioned that wood filler is easier to use than bondo, but it's not nearly as strong

got a surprise for yall... but its not done yet so ull have to wait on more week. i only work on my costume during the weekends cause i live away from home at the moment.

but i have one question:
does any one have any good suggestions on how to make a... "comfortable" but plate? im considering making out of 2 pieces connected to each other with a rubber band of sorts, but it just doesnt feel... right. any suggestions?

cheers

Hey that looks cool, great to see someone else using plexi-glas.

be careful with it though, it tends to crack relativly easy in comparisson to sintra.

thanks for the warning, but its not plexi-glass. i cannot remember the name of it, but its just as bendable as sintra, but i believe it is harder and doesn't break easy at all. lol i tried to break it... nothing really worked except the axe, which made a fairly big dent though.
i read somewhere that you can cut sintra with some sort of knife, i have to use a saw:p

Lexan. I used to work with it a lot at a hardware store, you seem to be describing it perfectly. I'm gonna use the same material for the armour plates on my suit. It's lightweight, easy to form(with a bit of heat), and unbelievably strong. Seriously, a quarter inch piece of that stuff will stop shotgun slugs. And it's not all that expensive - 4->5 bucks a square foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you!!
thats it lexan... lexan... love it.
i also use some PVC pipes... the kind used in sewers haha not as strong but easy enough to work with

yeh, i kno how go 2 ur pics find it in ur computer then right click and hit open with open it with microsoft picture manager, then go 2 the bar up top and click on picture drop down 2 resize make it smaller then hit save as and change the name so then u have the orginals and the new smaller ones then u can post them.

soo aah... yeah

the elbow-guards are done. All though the rest of the arms are not done i decided to post what iv done

its all in my Photobucket profile and here is the link to the first picture, enjoy and tell me what you think:)

DSC00478.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back