heavy mando idea!

Creon

Jr Hunter
ok, so i figured i should try and post some pics of my progress, which is not much because of... well tons of home work:facepalm but any ways; here is some pics of my right bracer. its not painted yet so its see-through which kinda ruins the pic, but hey.

DSC00424.JPG
DSC00424.JPG

DSC00422.JPG

DSC00423.JPG

DSC00424.JPG

DSC00425.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
cnat exactly remember what it was called, but something like that. it works just like sintra, only this is what the company i asked recommended.
i have never worked with sintra, but from what iv seen on the net, this stuff seems harder, while sintra is more flexible

thanks Studio Fett:p
at first i thought of a republic commando look, then just a regular clone trooper. but i will probably make something of my own design, based on mandalorian armors and clone armor

got some pics of some pf my progress!
shoulder plates are pretty much finished, just need to attach them, and upper and lower arms too, they just need paint

clip_image002.jpg

clip_image002.jpg

clip_image002.jpg

****.. that didnt work at all...
any one know of a way to adjust the size of pictures when they are attachments?

press the "manage attachments" button under the text window when writing a reply.
id just like to know to manage the size of the pictures:p

the best way is to get a free photobucket account.. it is sooo easy!! photobucket automatically resizes your pics and gives you the link to paste on here!

ok, i think i got it!
DSC00443.jpg

this should be the left shoulder. i first layer is black, then i put some toothpaste on the ares i wanted weathering. then red layer, remove toothpaste and added the silver using a paintbrush.

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

next is the left arm. i have moved away from using the elastic bands to make it stick. instead im using some pieces of a sponge as padding, glued to the inside.

i finally settled for a paint scheme. i never could choose between black or white so did both and mixed in some red, simply because red rocks.
the fist on the chest is the one from the album cover of St Anger by Metallica, only i intend to... customize it a bit.

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

the black is going to be heavily weathered and show the white bellow, while the red on the shoulders and bucket will show the black bellow.
and yes, the mando symbol on the kidney peace sucks, ill fix that;)

tell me what you think and plz make suggestions for improvement!

btw:
im planning to put some black on the feet as well, i just hate drawing feet...

havent got any new pics for you, but i made a quick drawinf of a possible helmet design

DSC00460.jpg

its a bit unclear, but the white "thing" is the range finder. i always wandered it was so tall, it would bump into everything, so made my own. the square "eye" is just... a something something

ok
pics of my newly painted arms... and something extra

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

they r just white for now, gonna start on the black tomorrow

pluss
DSC00469.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

that everyone, is an original 50cm long and 46cm wide X-wing toy with sounds, movable wings and proton torpedo llauncher from the 70s. with Luke and R2-D2:D

best 18s birthday present ever:D:D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back