Rubies Helmet Review

I don't care who you are,or were your from.Don't buy A rubbies
helmet.Save your money.You would have A better product if you
found A D.P.(never thought I'd say that)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually shawpane, the rubies is not that bad considering the alternatives, spend time + money searching for a DP, get a DP recast, or get a FG cast of a mystery helmet...The rubies is actually a decent helmet, the top is not flat like some DP's Ive seen, plus the vinyl material holds it shape well.

I wouldn't wish A rubbies helmet on A broke dick dog.But to each there own.Did you see A size diff on these helmets?

If you notice...it seems all the sellers on Ebay are using the same pic on all their helmets. Even on the 2 piece cheapo. :puke

I dislike the Rubies intensely, because not only does it suck, but they are charging twice as much money as DP charged for their helmet that sucked only marginally less.

Sadly, I am short enough that I have no neck in the DP helmet. No, I can't just put the helmet up higher...not if I want to see anything. I will probably end up wearing the awful Rubies thing, if I can find one on clearance.

Lisa,
Good luck finding one on clearance. All the suckers(myself included) snaged them all up in my area!

Mike

I went to a costume shop today and saw that they were sold out of the jango jammies. Sold out? A town this small, certainly I'll run into someone at one of the bars wearing jango jammies. I cant wait....

What mods can you do to a Rubies Jango helmet to make it better or more accurate?

If I had a Rubies helmet, I would modify who owns it by dumping it off on someone on ebay. :D

They are not that bad, but they are not DP's either. It will need a paint job and a full visor to begin with. I have one and it is ok.

I think I can handle that. How bad are they size-wise?

I am 5,11" and it looks a little small on me but I figure it will do untill I find a better one. There are a couple of pics of mine on mgr's finished jango

What I am hoping to do is recast it and make a fiberglass copy. Once I recast I can modify the mold however I need to.

My buddy Shawnpayne is modifying one for me as part of a trade. I'm only 5'2" so it fits me well. He's put in a new visor and rangefinder, a hard hat liner(I think), he fiberglassed the inside to make it more sturdy and put a pretty crushed velvet liner inside :D He's installing some cooling fans and a mic system for me and will be repainting the entire helmet as well. I'll be posting pics when I get it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back