Rubber Knees - FettPride V3 - Last SR Project

Stormrider

Well-Known Hunter
Well, after a couple of sleepless nights, I think that is enough for me. The last big investment that got 'wallmarted' has pushed me over the edge.

I really want to make a really nice rubber knee. The proceeds will of course go to Pam and Chris (FP). He, they, deserve it. They are a couple of really great and upstanding people. As soon as I get the final pulls from chris, get the alum knee darts so that I can drill the appropriate holes, ill finish up the second mold and this is under way.

That being said, I think this will be it for me as far as creating things here on the TDH. This place is full of some of the most talented people making costumes anywhere. Many are extremely helpfull, and great people to deal with.

I have only done three projects here, that I have offered to the public. I was planning a fourth after the knees. Unfortunately every project I have decided to enter into fate has really gone against me. Each and every project I started someone has purposefully trumped me. (EDIT: I can not say purposefully for every project. Poor choice of words. ).

I have been very careful in the way I approached projects. Announcing my intentions, recognizing other projects and products that are similar and or better. Trying only to fulfill a need.

I am going to run out the remainder of my resins/foams into parts and offer them up. Anything that is not gobbled up here, ill post on ebay.

My earcap molds, v1 foam molds are all up for sale if anyone wants them. The knee molds will not be up for sale. FP has allowed me to use them and it is not my place to give that permission to anyone else.

A big thanks to anyone that supported my stuff. From the heart.

I will post followups on the knees as soon as I can get with chris.

Thanks

Sincerely,
Mike Mason

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear this Mike. All of the projects I've seen from you have always been top notch. I'm glad I got to help you out on one of them, and I hope that at some point you'll be back in the mix!

:cheers

Hate to here this Mike you do good work and I was very happy to see your option on the knees. You did fulfill a need here, hope you find some peace with the the good you have done.

Sorry to here this Mike, I can understand your frustrations, but think for the main part it was just a timing issue. The custom ears were great and i am sure the knees are too! You have worked hard on these items and I am sure everyone appreciates what you have been doing for us fetters!

Rob.

Sorry to here this Mike, I can understand your frustrations, but think for the main part it was just a timing issue. The custom ears were great and i am sure the knees are too! You have worked hard on these items and I am sure everyone appreciates what you have been doing for us fetters!

Rob.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back