URGENT: Bounty Hunter boot LAST CHANCE!!!

Sorry for the delay to answe this one. In fact, I think that I'm planning to order the boots from MC. i know those are expensive boots, but I've heard that they're really comfortable and too accurate I would say. I've never wore in my feet something that expensive, and I think that this will be the first time.

MC, if you read this, PM me and let's talk about business. I'm ready, besides, to give you time to do them. I'll be hearing from you soon.

::Edit:: names changed to intitials

For chrissakes, the least MC could do is post a quick note here in the thread to give us all a head's up! I mean really, how long does it take to type the words, 'Hey guys, sorry about all the delays'.

The guy hasn't said a word to us since September. He certainly had alot to say when he was collecting our money. That kind of thing really bothers the hell out of me.

Yeah, It kinda sucks that nobody knows whats going on, but I guess I can't complain too much. MC was kind enough to let me in on the run in Jan. If things had gone as planned, I would have missed out, & everyone else would have their boots by now! :lol: But still, It would be nice (as you said GreenGrif) if we got a few updates now and again. Tim seems to be doing a heck of job corresponding w/ MC anyway, so I guess thats good enough for me. I'm not bitchin here :eek:, I just really can't wait to get my boots!

Eassssssy Greengriffon, you make it sound like MC is about to run away with our money or something. :p The guy's obviously very busy, and he's trying his hardest to get our boots created. I've emailed him numerous times and he has always emailed me right back on the situation(factory problems, switching, etc). I bet if you emailed him he'd be more than glad to tell you the situation. MC is a respected prop maker around here, not some kind of lazy bum. :D

Hmmmm....in response to an email I sent him in mid-February, he told me he wouldn't be able to do the run, and that he would be refunding everyone's money...I quote:

Hi Rebekah,

It is OK. Turns out my bootmaker can't make the boots afterall. I will
have to refund everybodies money. Please give me some time to get you
the refund back. I will have a major update on the prop boards in a week
detailing the situation.

Very sorry,
MC

Obviously, he hasn't posted the update, as this message was sent me on February 26, and he hasn't refunded my money, either, which he told me in another email would take 2-3 weeks (which have passed)...I'm trying really hard to be patient and understanding, as everyone has voiced such confidence in him, but it does seem kind of strange to me.

::Edit:: signature changed to initials

Ya, he does seem a little spacey on this run. He too sent me an email around that time, but he said he still had one chance to go back to his old factory to make them all. However I'm not sure about it anymore. I'll try emailing him again and relay the message to you guys. *fingers crossed he has access to the other factory*

OHHH man, thats crummy news A19! :( I hope MC is able to work out some kinda deal to get us our boots! I can wait a heck of along time if I have to, but its the "not knowing" that bumms me out!

Yeh hes had alot of troubles w/ this new fac. and he said hes gonna try to work it out, but its gonna be tough......They havnt been very quick to respond to him either........

::Edit:: signature changed to initials

Oh, sheesh, BobaFettish, I'm sorry! I completely missed that...when I'm writing, I always use initials...I just spaced (mentally)when copying over....And sorry, also, to MC.

MC did write back:

I've told almost everybody that has inquired. It has been canceled. I'm waiting for my refund and my molds so I can hopefully get it ressurected at another factory. I want to refund everybodies money first. It's going to take me a while though. I will have an official update and let everybody know was soon as I get my molds and refund back. I'll keep you
posted as soon as things transpire. I was told I should get them by next week.

So I'm satisfied. I don't really know why he doesn't often post here, since he's so prompt about returning emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm beginning to think MC got a "0% interest loan" out of us for almost 8 months. Try getting THAT kind of deal at the bank! :facepalm

I can say that too, since I already own ONE pair of MC boots. That's no excuse for dropping the ball on this one and not keeping people informed.

You take an "interest poll" to gauge support, then you get everything in line, and THEN you collect the money. I think MC reversed steps 2 and 3 here... You NEVER take money from people until you have a product to DELIVER. If you need money to do a project, you take it out of your OWN pocket - not your customers' pockets!

If you don't have the money to do a project, and you can't wait to be reimbursed when the money from customers starts rolling in, then DON'T DO THE PROJECT. :angry

I spearheaded the campaign for MC to do this run of boots back in AUGUST. I emailed no fewer than 30 people on this board PERSONALLY pleading with them to order a pair of boots. Know what it got me? NOTHING. Not so much as a freaking EMAIL from MC saying that he was sorry for delays, or that he'd refund my money, or even "Thanks for the hard work". That's gratitude for ya. Well, I know all I need to know now. :facepalm

FH, don't worry about it (unless you paid unrefunded money!). I was REALLY interested in a pair of boots as well. I talked to MC (via personal email, which I have a copy on hand) probaly last month and a half, maybe two monts ago and he seemed to be interested in doing a pair for me, after RA gave me a link to his email address, but I didn't know at the time that there was a threat in the forum about a boot run, until later. Now that I was saving my money for the boots (which I have now), then I sense that the "boot run" is no more.

I was thinking about writing an email to MC to see what's going on with that, but based on what I'm reading previously...I don't think I'm gonna risk myself and send money without being sure the product is done, like FettHunter said. I'd probably have to start ideas of how to do the boots yourself, and I know there's a threat somewhere around here...

Robert

DarthVader1 wrote:

...I didn't know at the time that there was a threat in the forum about a boot run, until later.
I think the word you're wanting to use here is a thread (a string of replies added to a post), not a threat. I saw you use that in another post and thought it was a typo, but I figured I'd chime in here before anyone thought that there were "threats" being posted. ;)

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back