TDK Jokers Goons Mask Run Interest Thread

Alright, any update below this is old and shouldnt be looked at with all your seriousness, haha. This interest thread is here only to see how many people are interested. I will still be doing a run but not any time soon. If you are interested, let me know, I will add you to the list. This list is not a commitment, meaning, if you cannot pay when I am ready, then it is alright.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright guys, so the mask is still in its clay form awaiting perfection from a waste mold. I have made this interest thread solely to see how much interest there is for this mask to have a run. I dont need a minimum, so any amount of people will do.

The masks will be $60 each either finished or unfinished.

Finished Kit will Include:
-Different areas painted
-Damage added
-Various details added
-Hair Attached and Painted
-Trimmed
-Elastic Band Attached

Unfinished Kit will Include:
-Mask prepainted white
-Hair Attached and painted
-Bandaid for the top right of the mask
-Elastic band for back

The only difference about the unfinished and finished is that with the unfinished you can paint it yourself to your liking, but the finished will be painted and well...finished for you. Both come prepainted white, and with hair attached and painted. Unless you want to have a go at it by attaching the hair yourself, I will send you a packet of hair. Not my own, haha.

Please specify whether you want this finished or unfinished.

List

1. bobamatt
2. Toontrooper
3. jawafive - Finished

Thanks,
Soheil

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely interested. Whether or not I'm able to is another story. I hope to get it cleared with the superiors (i.e. Parents) soon, but until then, but me down as a maybe. The major deciding factor, however, is whether or not these would be shipped out in time for this Halloween. Would they be? Finished pics aren't as big of a deal for me; I've seen your clay sculpts, and that's more than enough to convince me.

I have a small update. I have been busy with tests, essays and what not, so I havent done, much but I have done alot of sanding. It is almost time for the sealing.

When the payment option becomes available, these masks will be made in advance in quantities of 10 or 15 or however many are supposed to be made. This is being done because I have such a busy week usually that I do not want to clutter my week with anything like this.

Remember, upon recieving payment, your order will be shipped out within 24 hours. I will accept payments until the 21st of this month, if you want this before halloween. If not, then I can ship anytime after that.

Also Just know that these will all be shipped by the 23rd if you want it by halloween.

Also a small update on this. My cameras battery ran out (**** airshow, haha). So pictures of the plug will have to wait a day or two. However, final sanding is done and it is being clear coated tomorow in prep for molding.

Semi Final Pictures. Clear coat could not be applied yet, this thing rolled off my desk and the tip of the nose broke a bit but its all good now.

DSC02846.jpg

Sorry for being so slow on this guys. The mask plug has been fine sanded and cleaned up, and sealed in prep for molding. Molding will start tomorow.

Bump. And large, actually huge! update.

I just finished making a silicon waste mold and tomorow I will be ready to cast my first ever prototype in silicon. That way, I can fill it with body filler since, bondo does not stick too well to plaster. My friends joker scars are submerged in silicon as well and will be done tomorow. If anybody wants the joker scars then please add $10 to your order. They will be latex. Pictures to come later. Remember I will not take payment until I am ready to go with the final mold.

Update guys, the third layer of silicon has been added and is now curing. I am estimating that this will be done by this saturday (10-11-08).

Remember that each batch of 10 masks takes 5 hours to make so I am sort of on a crunched schedule. I will make 20 masks this sunday if time permits me.

No pics of the first layer

Here is the second layer
DSC02877.jpg

DSC02878.jpg

Third Layer
DSC02882.jpg

DSC02883.jpg

DSC02884.jpg

I am contemplating on whether I will have time to make 10 of these as these take a long time to make each. I think I will have a limited run of 5 so there is less stress on me.

What do you guys think?

Ill add a few to the slots if they are really needed for halloween. So far the master has been sanded down of all imperfections and is awaiting remolding.

Rember, since halloween is so close, I am doing so little. After halloween I am free to take orders until this mold falls apart haha.

I do not need this for Halloween, feel free to bump me down the list to make room for someone who plans to use it for Halloween. Keep me on the list though.

Still interested in seeing the final cast.

Looks like there will be no run for halloween. This is too much pressure on me to get it done, and backed up with a few life issues, I cannot do a run for now, but look out in early december for a run of these masks. Ill still post progress pics of the finished one.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back