Bobby Fett UK's Scratch Built Jet Pack

Hi Dents. Not updated this for a while due to putting the finishing touches to my Fett. Anyway, I have been working on this recently and thought I would post this for all those who have shown an interest.

DSC00883.jpg

DSC00881.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Joe. Just got the 'spine' added and got the end caps sorted. Piano keys next and the main body will be ready for the next stage!?

looks great bobby,alot cleaner than mine........ how are you getting the joints so smooth??do you have the rocket thrusters done yet??

looks great bobby,alot cleaner than mine........ how are you getting the joints so smooth??do you have the rocket thrusters done yet??

I have not got much filler on it. On this build I worked harder on getting all the bits equal and the correct size. After building the first pack I understood cutting and working with sintra (foamex). As an example, for the spine I have cut out the section in the centre of the curve and made the section to insert from the rear (the top part fits over the top shelf and sits infront of the wooden missile housing. The section was of a solid enough construction to not require the pack to support it. I will then use the hot glue gun to fix it into place.

I will get some new photos up later :jet pack.

The bottom of the thrusters are made, working on sculpting the ball sections next.

RD, you can do it buddy. Take your time cutting out your sections, it goes together so don't rush it. Check out Jango 72's build also, it inspired me (y)

Thanks for the comments guys, good to know people are looking.

Ok, a few (poor quality) shots. The pack has had a quick sand since the first coat of primer and some areas identified as requiring renforcement to make sure it will not sag or loose shape if it is to be molded.

DSC00978.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

Here are a shot of the end caps too.
DSC00979.jpg

:jet pack Bobby.

Beautiful! Every good rocket pack build I see makes me want to build one! You're is shaping up really well bro. ;)

Hi guys, looking for some preferences here. I plan on casting a JP missile but want to keep the weight right down. At this stage I am thinking slush cast with maybe expanding foam to give it extra support, I want to avoid a solid resin missile at all costs. Anyone think of a better idea?

Also I have a real problem I can't start a new thread or send pm's all the text is lost? Any one got any idea.....ohh can't use the smilies either? Any help would be good here? I could and my coputer has not changed? Totally clueless.

Hi all. not updated this for too long :facepalm I have been short on time and stretched with other projects, but making real headway with them now so thought I would up date for anyone still reading :lol:

First, photos.....

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01020.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01022.jpg

DSC01029.jpg

Still some rough patches but you get the idea, and yeah, so proud I put my name on it :lol: Working on the door closure and final fitting at the moment.

The missile is pretty much unchanged for now, but the missile housing detail is to be redone (more accurately).

The main chassis will be ready for the molding process very soon and the materials are ordered :D The missile is to get a little touch up with a new knurled section (which will have more detail) and the main thrusters are being manufactured very soon by a precision engineering firm I have used through work before. I have decided to cast the top of the missile housing separately (I think it will be easier that way). I have also ordered most of the 'found part' greeblies to cast or supply original parts. I also have another meeting with my machine shop tomorrow to get an idea on what is involved in getting the metal frame off the ground for the harness :confused

So all go at the moment. Starting to take shape as a project now, and thanks for the patience of all you guys that have shown interest, this will be happening within the next few weeks :cheers

Bobby.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back