ESB Shoulder Studs/ White? or Silver?

Nice detective work Alex! :)

HA HA!! call it Spidey sense..:D

Seriously I just think we need to reexamine allot of what we've seen in pictures. Most of the answers are right in front of us, for the most part anyway.....not saying I know everything, but just taking what we DO know from previous research, and what we Have seen and going from there(y)...

besides these kinds of threads are fun, and are what these boards are about.......blah blah blah..:lol:

And WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FETT MISTER??:angry

This thread ROCKS! Hey are there any color pics of the supertrooper out there? All 6 of the suits that were made started out as supertrooper?

You guys are nerds.

There's definitely some variations of color and knowing that the suit is mixed and matched over and over, it would seem that all of these examples would be correct.

This thread ROCKS! Hey are there any color pics of the supertrooper out there?

Yes, but they are relatively small and don't show detail.

All 6 of the suits that were made started out as supertrooper?

More or less. It seems by the time the last helmet was made they were no longer painting them white. Seems that by the end they knew it was no longer going to be a "Supertrooper"

More or less. It seems by the time the last helmet was made they were no longer painting them white. Seems that by the end they knew it was no longer going to be a "Supertrooper"

Very interesting! This is the best part of these types of threads, we pull info out of the experts and learn something :lol:

Seriously I just think we need to reexamine allot of what we've seen in pictures. Most of the answers are right in front of us, for the most part anyway.....

Hey, you keep supplying the high res pics and we will all be more than happy to reexamine them with you.

I will just chime in here and say, who else KNEW that AT-AT pilots were GREY after all these years!!??? :lol:

My point is, its easy to see from the photos that they look 'white' if you ask me they are probably Purple ;)

Interesting pic tease there, Art!

I agree that the studs in that pic do look white. In fact much more white than the armor. Which is a little puzzling. At first I thought that maybe the armor was unpainted, but the helmet ears are already white.

Maybe I'm just a doubting Thomas, but I'm still unsure of what's going on with the ESB studs. I'll end up doing some paint and photo tests when I'm ready to make new collar studs. That's the only way I'll be able to convince myself one way or the other.

-Ryan

Not to de-rail, but I knew At-At pilots...........s Jumpsuit was grey. :D The chect armor and Helmet are grey too? INteresting that the action fig had always been white

Interesting pic tease there, Art!

I agree that the studs in that pic do look white. In fact much more white than the armor. Which is a little puzzling. At first I thought that maybe the armor was unpainted, but the helmet ears are already white.

Maybe I'm just a doubting Thomas, but I'm still unsure of what's going on with the ESB studs. I'll end up doing some paint and photo tests when I'm ready to make new collar studs. That's the only way I'll be able to convince myself one way or the other.

-Ryan

I guess i'm on the same page. I'm usually a stickler for accuracy, but i just don't know on this one. I really think that white studs will look kind of, well....out of place or "dumb" on the ESB suit. Don't get me wrong, If it can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt that they are in fact white, then I'll be the first to paint mine white. Otherwise, i think I'm going to have to keep mine silver. Right now I just don't know. Definately a great discussion though!!!!

Don't mean to bring this up again, but after looking at more and more pics I still think the stud on ESB are white..(y)

attachment.php

attachment.php

WhitestudESB.jpg

WhitestudESB1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In that B&W shot, there is a definate difference between the studs and the damage on the armor. Am I 100% convinced...no...closer though. I will say though that if the studs are white then the center of the diamond is white too....maybe....

Ok, I am dragging up an old thread. I have always thought they were white with the red topped one and gray one thrown in from time to time, but what are they? I have seen some adding machine keys that look very similar, and I have seen some adding machine keys that are white and gray. Maybe that is what they used and they painted the top of one red. What is the consensus?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back