Rocket Jet Pack

Naush

New Hunter
Rocket Jetpack

I have just about finsihed painting my jet pack. I think it is looking pretty good aside from having to add weathering. Please feel free to make suggestions from the pictures below. However, I do have some questions, but the pitures first.

SANY0268.jpg

SANY0269.jpg

Sorry, don't know why that 1st one came out so big. It shouldn't have.

Anyway, I was wondering two things.
1. Has everyone permently attached the rocket or have people made it removable for storage and transport?
2. To attach the rocket cones and buckel clips on the back, what should I use to cut the holes?

I would apperchiate any suggestions or help in this matter. Thanks.

ummm...
I believe the top tank caps have the paint reversed
they should be like the lower tank caps

Last edited by a moderator:
You're correct Slave1pilot, he's got the colors on the top cap reversed.

finishedjet%20pack.gif

As for your two questions, do a quick search in the "Rocketpack, blasters and shin tools" section for some of the scratchbuild jet pack threads. You'll find some great ideas there for attaching your rocket.

As for the thruster attachment... you'd be best off to drill some pilot holes ( for placement ), then increase the hole size to accomodate the thruster. For this, I used a spade bit... but I'm sure that there are other/better methods for doing this.

Nice looking pack there slave1pilot! ;)

There are minor differences between the Jango and ROTJ packs, the most notable are the lack of excessive weathering ( scratches ) on the Jango, and the lettering/symbols. Jango has different symbols and more of them.

Naush, when you weather your pack, try to add a misting of orange to the yellow parts to tone them down a bit. You don't need much, just hit the yellow areas more towards the edges/seams where they meet the other colors, and feather outwards.

As for the general type of weathering... just keep this mantra in your mind. "Less is more"... you can easily add more weathering, but it's a re-paint to take it away. ;)

Nice looking pack there slave1pilot! ;)

There are minor differences between the Jango and ROTJ packs, the most notable are the lack of excessive weathering ( scratches ) on the Jango, and the lettering/symbols. Jango has different symbols and more of them.

Thanx for the compliment
Yeah, i paint those ROTJ packs too:lol:
Here's the comparison
attachment.php
attachment.php

For the thrusters, I drilled a pilot hole, then gradually increased its size with a sanding drum on the dremel.

This is what I did for the rocket - these are I believe 1" PVC male/female couplings I found at Home Depot. They are JB Welded on.

2328879285_599224c853_b.jpg

Ugh, I don't know how I mixed up those colors. No worries. I can fix that. I was thinking about using a screw or two to hold the rocket in, but I like the idea of using the pvc. I'll see what I can find. Thank you for the assistance so far.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back