New Victim (financially) Reporting In *PICS*

maj hassel

New Hunter
Hi, my names Geoff and I'm putting together (slowly) a ROTJ Boba costume.

I'm a member of the 501st (TK 7708) and have been costuming for a number of years.

I have a few completed costumes (click to view pics):

...as well as a few others in various stages of completion.

I wasn't seriously considering making a Boba Fett until I trooped an event for the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry (pics here) where I saw a costume up close and that was all it took. I was hooked.

As far as my ROTJ Boba goes, progress has been slow at best. I have mainly been picking up pieces here and there--some that I shouldn't have--and these acquisitions have been sporadic at best.

My parts list so far:

• MOW chest/cod/shoulder armor (pre-painted by MOW--I know, I know, more pride in doing it yourself, but at least I have a decent color template for the rest of the gear)
  • CA Boots
  • Hyperfirm ROTJ blaster
  • Fettronics chest-light display
  • leather ammo belt
  • woven girth belt (undyed)
  • Hyperdyne voice changer (actually, this is a unit which I've rigged so I can swap it into all of my helmets which have speakers built into them)
I also have a bunch of parts (fiberglass armor pieces, cheap gauntlets w/ resin parts, etc.) which I am not going to be using.

I'm leaning towards getting a bucket from Bobamaker, unless a less expensive, but equal in quality, bucket becomes available--suggestions?

So far I've found the collected wisdom of these forums to be invaluable and I wish I'd have referred to it earlier, before I made some purchases on ePray. Live and learn.

This is going to be an expensive costume indeed.

Yeah man, welcome to the boards, well I think alot of us can vouch for getting sca-rewed on eBay when it comes to fett stuff, (not everyone on there is bad) and you are right, it is one expensive costume!!!

Hi Geoff,

Welcome to TDH! As far as helmets go, if you want an accurate but affordable starter helmet, you can't go wrong with a Fang Mystery Helmet. The guy who makes them goes by the name of Sgt. Fang and you can email him at sgtfang@aol.com. Good luck with your Fett quest!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back