2nd armor set (updates now in last post!)

I just picked up an airbrush and am ordering all the right colors for my helmet. hopefully I'll be able to start on that soon. Still waiting on the wife to finish the vest. having a little bit of issues with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vest is from an actual cheerleaders vest pattern. I forget which one but I dont think there can be that many.

What helmet is that? Fang, BM??? The confusion....

That flightsuit looks like it could use a bit of AB weathering.

I'm not sure what kind of helmet it is actually. And yea I really need to do alot of weathering on all my stuff. Jim came over the other night to take a look at it and show me his suit and it gave me alot of ideas on weathering and putting everything together.

So I repainted the main green color cause the first time it was too dark. Heres what it looks like now.

DSC02078.gif

DSC02079.gif

one last one. the spray can shot out thicker drops and it hit my collar so I need to figure out how to fix that.

DSC02080.gif

That looks much better bud!

Dont forget that there are some scratches and chips on the lower right of the armor.

Hmm... whats the red stuff you're using for filling the cod? I see a tube nearby but I can't make out what it is. I've only ever used bondo for filling and mixing and applying is always a pain for me.

Hmm... whats the red stuff you're using for filling the cod? I see a tube nearby but I can't make out what it is. I've only ever used bondo for filling and mixing and applying is always a pain for me.
it's bondo spot filler. small tube and is great for small stuff.

Tired of updating the first post haha. New test fit. Forgot my neck seal at a friends and I forgot to put on my knees and shin tools. Got too excited that I received my gloves today.
DSC02172.gif

UPDATE!
I know I post too many of these. Every time I get something new I want to put it on with my whole suit! haha. Added my braids, flightsuit pockets, blaster almost complete and I got my knees and shin tools on also. But I was in a hurry in my excitement and put the shoulder bells on the wrong sides :(
picture.php

dude, very nice work man!! one thing i will add, is that the right shoulder could be a little more orangish and getting some more grime and grundge on the flightsuit, but other than that, looks great! i cant wait to suit up fully! congrats my friend!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back