Diameter of mounting holes for knee darts?

Stormrider

Well-Known Hunter
I knowtheres at least two different diameters for knee darts, but does anyone know the diameter of the holes that make them flush?

Otherwise the knee darts will jet outward instead of forward.

I did multiple searches, ive seen the question asked 20 times, but never answered.

I cant open WOF's file from here, but if someone could, maybe that would tell me:)?

I've heard/seen that using a drill bit for wood gives a nice flat face for the dart to sit on? Altho I think that the guy (DM?) also had the FP V3 knees with the resin insert... this was drilled into by about 1-2mm.
The diameter would obviously depend on the darts manufacturer?
Hope that helps bruv...

Yah it sorta helps mojo.

The problem is that these are rubber. So there wont be any 'drilling' into it, at least not sandable.

So I need to get a rough estimate of the size of the darts.

Because to be acurate, they are based off a vac-form shape, the angle angles out slightly. Which means I have to inset the faces of the dart mounting holes slightly.

Now, if they are just right or a LITTLE small, its hard rubber, they will still set in. But a LOT small and it will be very difficult to fit the darts in.

Does that make any sense?

The knees are ready for a last coat of primer as soon as I get the knee holes set properly.

Thanks though for the input. At least i know im asking the right question:)

You should drill the holes and after you can glue the darths on the ruber, I can't see the problem :confused

I knowtheres at least two different diameters for knee darts, but does anyone know the diameter of the holes that make them flush?

Otherwise the knee darts will jet outward instead of forward.

I did multiple searches, ive seen the question asked 20 times, but never answered.

I cant open WOF's file from here, but if someone could, maybe that would tell me:)?

hmm looking at WOF's PDf the top is 13/16 and bottom is 11/16 ..

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back