ESB Girth Belt

Darth Nickel

Active Hunter
So I decided to stain my own girth belt....

I search high and low for a color I thought would be close. Added a little custom color to it to make it my own... Built a dry rack. and here I am...

I think it's a solid base color. Since it's ESB, I figure I will darken a little with some brown. Add some grime... call it a belt.

Next up, add some sweet Taco straps.

P9210015.jpg

Thoughts?

what colors did you use, and how did you color it? hot topic nowadays...thanks!! looks nice, and taco does the straps as well?

Got to love the Taco products... I'll post up the straps when I get them added. I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach them. I'm not going to be able to get 100% accurate on it (since I'm already using a different material), but it will look good. I mean.. it's TOUGH to make a Taco's work look bad... blue painters tape attachment on them and they would still look good :)

For the color, I used Minwax water based latex stain - Sangria. I mixed a little coffee bean brown and teddy bear tan into the stain. When actually staining, I also rubbed the raw color in as I used squeezed the stain (little teddy bear on the fingers, little coffee bean. here - not rocket science...) I also used a little black to darken it up (not much). I figured I can break out the badger next and weather and add a little more brown if needed.

I’ve got enough stain current to do one or 2 more if anyone likes what they see. I don’t have any extra belts though, so I would need your clean belt.

I am going to be honest here, (its just my two cents), having dyed lots of girth belts. But this looks a bit too burgandy for ESB. But as long as you are happy with it that is what counts, it is all about personal preference and no one can say its wrong in that instance.

I am going to be honest here, (its just my two cents), having dyed lots of girth belts. But this looks a bit too burgandy for ESB. But as long as you are happy with it that is what counts, it is all about personal preference and no one can say its wrong in that instance.

C - I could not agree more. I just kind of used this as more of a base color. I don't know if I got it 100% when it's finished either, (but I would love to hear your thoughts) I couldn't find real good pictures of the color that I could translate into real world (electronic always looks so different)

I have now added some browns and dirt via airbrush/wash. It looks darker with more brown tint to it. I'll take another picture tonight (hopefully while the sun is still up… ). Like I said, I don't know if I can nail the color exact, since frankly.. I don't know what I am doing :)

WOW! Ok your working with stain, you will get alot of pigment deposit with the stain.
I guess that might be why.of I try to stay away from the cooler shades red, to keep it warm.
But it is hard to determine colors sometimes.
It can be hit or miss, but the outcome as I said before is "as long as you are pleased"
If you have any questions always feel free to drop me a pm or email.
I used RIT dye, I have a few girth belts, I will be dying here shortly someone sent me so I get to revisit this nightmare all over again. LOL
Christi

That looks a bit more brown!! Less purple.
Its looking better, are the cross straps a bit different color. I always had an issue with those coming up a different shade.
Looks good!

Thanks!!!!

yea, I noticed the same thing when I was staining. They must be a different material and take the stain differently. Odd...

I may go back and still add a little more brownish tint... I don't want to over do it though...

I stain the esb brown all the time and it is way darker then this. ESB is a dark brown. Alot of people confuss it with the dark red of rotj. I'll post some pics later of what mine look like.

I stain the esb brown all the time and it is way darker then this. ESB is a dark brown. Alot of people confuss it with the dark red of rotj. I'll post some pics later of what mine look like.

please do post some good pictures. It's been very hard to find good photos of the ESB color. Everything I've seen looks like a dark red wine color.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back