Don't buy R2D2 or starwars prop from Bentley O'toole in AU

r24kids

New Hunter
Friends I too am a victim of fraud by Bentley O'toole in AU. In a nut shell : He sent me a paypal invoice requesting $850. US for a R2D2 prop back in Oct 2007. I never got it nor my money. The police have been trying to track him down but he has managed to slip away. Pay pal ruled in my favor but have not been able to recoup a dime. So be aware of this scum bag. He knew my R2 project was going to be made R/C and was to be used to bring happiness to our local childrens hospitals. I had saved up that money for over a year and it was to be a father and son project. Sadly its not going to happen now. Any one with knowledge of his whereabouts please email me the info and I will forward it to the police.
Thanks,
Lou

wow sounds like a pattern as there's a thread about same guy ripping off someone else on a Jango helmet. For armor etc... I tend to stick to here or get references from my 501st garrison, tends to be alot more honest, cheap, and quicker.

Yerp... no surprises there... He is well known for his Illegalities, shoddy work, and also his fraudulent offers here... He is like the Telemarketer who just called me up, woke me up too :S All offers and never delivers.

Basically you wont be able to track him down from over there... most of us have been trying to, even over here in Australia. And we havent succeeded.. Your not the only one he has burned, if that is any consolation :S

Im one of a few people trying to track his exact whereabouts.. Its in Queensland somewhere, that we have tracked... If you have his active Ebay account that may help :) A sting may be in the works to finally get him.

However, what you need to do is get your Law Enforcements/lawyers to contact the Australian Federal Police, and let them know that this person 'Bentley O'Toole' (which is a nom de plum to protect who he really is) has done what they did to you, and you will need to tell them that he allegedly lives in the state of Queensland and frequently opens new Ebay accounts, as well as new Paypal Accounts to finance his fraudulent transactions, clearing them out before you are able to take action to get your money back... then they are gone and untracable for a while. Thats where we lost him last.

how hard would it be to find out what kind of material he's using and track it down there? if he's making alot of props to scam people then he must be ordering on a regular basis of resin? Maybe someone really knowledgeable in different types can figure it out and maybe have someone contact the manufacturer? Then again I'm sure the manufacturer wont be able to release personal info at all.

Lou, can you send me the current Ebay username for Bentley.. i cant seem to find him at the moment... ive got about 3 of his past ones that are all locked atm... Ive got a friend going to an ebay meeting that needs it to talk to the Ebay Rep and get their details hopefully.. :)

Hey guys just thought I would let you all know that Bentley is trying to sell a "full set of armour helmet jet pack etc" to ObitomoFett on this forum.

12545735_10208341806281231_403112082_o.jpg

12545735_10208341806281231_403112082_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys thank you so much for pointing this guy out. I almost was a victim of his scamming I believe. He has an Esty page call "Filmpropz" and I contacted him about purchasing a full size battle droid. I asked him how he came about getting the casts of the battle droid (because he said they came from original Fox studio castings) and he said he had worked at ILM for Star Wars: Episode 3. So I googled his name out of curiousity and I was in shock at what a reputation this guy has here, the RPF and other such places. Watch out for this guy, because he will talk you up. He messaged me on Etsy constantly telling me about his work and such stuff. He also has an instagram now called 3dcreativeaustralia, and looks like a facebook link is also in the description. So buyer beware for 3D Creative Australia and Filmpropz on Etsy, it is for a fact Bentley O'Toole.

Yerp... no surprises there... He is well known for his Illegalities, shoddy work, and also his fraudulent offers here... He is like the Telemarketer who just called me up, woke me up too :S All offers and never delivers.

Basically you wont be able to track him down from over there... most of us have been trying to, even over here in Australia. And we havent succeeded.. Your not the only one he has burned, if that is any consolation :S

Im one of a few people trying to track his exact whereabouts.. Its in Queensland somewhere, that we have tracked... If you have his active Ebay account that may help :) A sting may be in the works to finally get him.

However, what you need to do is get your Law Enforcements/lawyers to contact the Australian Federal Police, and let them know that this person 'Bentley O'Toole' (which is a nom de plum to protect who he really is) has done what they did to you, and you will need to tell them that he allegedly lives in the state of Queensland and frequently opens new Ebay accounts, as well as new Paypal Accounts to finance his fraudulent transactions, clearing them out before you are able to take action to get your money back... then they are gone and untracable for a while. Thats where we lost him last.
I’ve just recently met Bentley O’Toole and new that something was out of place when he was suing he worked on all these movies. I do know his currently location, I know it’s been over 10 years however just thought to comment.

Wow what a necropost, but still valid if that piece of scuzz is still floating around like a turd that won’t flush.

To be honest I’d forgotten about him, I’d hoped that federal case against him had locked him away for a few decades, or one of the floods had removed him from the gene pool.

Here’s hoping the next flood gets him.

This “Bentley O’Toole” sounds like a “Tool”.
See what I did there?
1646799991861.png

I might even go so far as to call him a crook too.

Also, any relation to “Sneakers O’Toole” I wonder?
Sneakers O'Toole.gif

Getting your order from Bentley is like trying to get Sneakers O’Toole to take his sneakers off.

Last edited:
Looks like they are on linked in and still have the same Instagram handle mentioned above as well.

I always appreciate Warning posts about these kinds of things. Still sucks when people rip others off.

This is my sons grandfather iv seen his collection it's impressive but I must say only thing he was ever food for in .was relationship was telling us not pay rent and go have fun fix it up later and I remember him telling me how apply 4 credit cards changing spelling in favour of credit then . At least Jeff my sons step grandfather works hard shows love and respect for his family and had passion for his career...... If you wanna locate him he lives in Gympie in new estate just out town

Friends I too am a victim of fraud by Bentley O'toole in AU. In a nut shell : He sent me a paypal invoice requesting $850. US for a R2D2 prop back in Oct 2007. I never got it nor my money. The police have been trying to track him down but he has managed to slip away. Pay pal ruled in my favor but have not been able to recoup a dime. So be aware of this scum bag. He knew my R2 project was going to be made R/C and was to be used to bring happiness to our local childrens hospitals. I had saved up that money for over a year and it was to be a father and son project. Sadly its not going to happen now. Any one with knowledge of his whereabouts please email me the info and I will forward it to the police.
Thanks,
Lou

Thanks,
Lou

Wow what a necropost, but still valid if that piece of scuzz is still floating around like a turd that won’t flush.

To be honest I’d forgotten about him, I’d hoped that federal case against him had locked him away for a few decades, or one of the floods had removed him from the gene pool.

Here’s hoping the next flood gets him.
He is living in Gympie co running a toy shop selling all his **** that he stole from bins at studios he was working for

He is living in Gympie co running a toy shop selling all his **** that he stole from bins at studios he was working for
I heard from a friend that he owes a lot of money to people for props not delivered, like thousands. Still making crappy stuff, he tried to break into the film industry over 20 years ago and no-one would hire him. Can't find any creds on IMDB either. I believe he's on Skyline Drive.

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back