sizing problem...

ARC3582

New Hunter
Hey, firstoff incredible site, never knew people could be this friendly and helpful :D. Onto the question part, Being 14 is a rather large problem when it comes to having armor, coveralls, and helmets not look way oversized. I've done pretty well so far with scratching building everything but the helmet. I have a DP 97 which after alot of use over the past years has turned into a scratched cracked and dented chunk of vinyl, but fits perfectly. I plan on building a WOF scratch bucket, but I've heard that its larger than the DP. Does anyone know how much to size down the WOF templates to get them DP sized (or close enough)? or maybe a comparison picture of the two?
Thx for looking:D

how bout repairing the DP lid?
bondo should fit quite nicely on a DP.
Alternatively - seen people downsize the WOF. Why dont u measure out a reference area eg the height of the T visor area; compare it to the WOF templates and see wot the reduction factor is; then scale rest of the templates based on that?

Nate

Sweet thx, Didn't think about that, figured they might be shaped diferently and I tried to make the dome several times (without success) to compare, Duh :wacko

Thx,
Sam

lol I cheat with the dome - I use a "base" eg baseball helmet or a skateboard helmet and build WOF sides onto it. Check out Mando Mercs on building helmets as well, think I remember seeing a sweet tutorial on doing this.

Nate

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back