My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet

Definitely amazing work on your Bri helmet sculpt! It's great to see Appleseed getting some love. :love

I'm currently in the planning stages of a movie-verse Deunan, so color me really interested if you happen to do a run of this helm!

(y)I'll put you on my list and thanks.
Deunan huh... Head sculpt, costume or what? I'd love to have one for my Bri. I was considering making a wig for my wife and trying to put costumes together. Her hair style is really cool but not sure how it"ll transilate into actual wig prop.
Color me interested if you make something wearable, or static bust would be nice too. Hmmnn. let me know what your up to.
Definitely amazing work on your Bri helmet sculpt! It's great to see Appleseed getting some love. :love

I'm currently in the planning stages of a movie-verse Deunan, so color me really interested if you happen to do a run of this helm!

(y)I'll put you on my list and thanks.
Deunan huh... Head sculpt, costume or what? I'd love to have one for my Bri. I was considering making a wig for my wife and trying to put costumes together. Her hair style is really cool but not sure how it"ll transilate into actual wig prop.
Color me interested if you make something wearable, or static bust would be nice too. Hmmnn. let me know what your up to.

Costume. Ex Machina-style ESWAT gear to be exact. Now that my Hot Toys Deunan finally arrived from Japan, I plan on starting with the headband (w/ the targeting eye patch) on a lifecast bust I have. Then moving on to the bodysuit with the help of a seamstress.

As for the hair, I'm going to go the route of getting it cut/styled since I wear my hair short and have a similar hair color anyway. I'm assuming you're thinking of her hairstyle in the movie? I think it could translate pretty well into a wig too. You could maybe commission someone who makes anime cosplay wigs due to the style. Her 80's style do's from the comics would probably be a little trickier though, lol.

..... Ex Machina-style ESWAT gear to be exact. moving on to the bodysuit with the help of a seamstress.....

......... You could maybe commission someone who makes anime cosplay wigs due to the style......

...ooo resilient - would love to see how the ESWAT body armour works out. I want to do a CGI Briareos... and now since DR has got a nice lid going - might try to get forearm armour sorted 1st. Then chest/ab plate...

Russ - if u wanted to get in touch with a cosplay wigmaker - I know a good one, although she mostly does Cloud from FFVII. Only prob is shes based in UK.

Nate

Wow, I never saw the movie, just looked up a few youtube clips. Incredible sculpt. This would be a perfect suit for me. Just gotta work on the muscles and get broly rofl

Heatshock. let me know if you do the forearms, chest /abs. I could use a set for my costume.
...ooo resilient - would love to see how the ESWAT body armour works out. I want to do a CGI Briareos... and now since DR has got a nice lid going - might try to get forearm armour sorted 1st. Then chest/ab plate...

Russ - if u wanted to get in touch with a cosplay wigmaker - I know a good one, although she mostly does Cloud from FFVII. Only prob is shes based in UK.

Nate

will do mate - gonna try for arms 1st - CGI style ofc. 2nd time I am trying a sculpt - so dont expect quick results man.

Was also gonna be interested in the Deunan body armour idea from Resilience - not sure how I will approach that yet

we should get a Project Appleseed section :D

u noticed some Appleseed replica ordance on the Bay atm - its from a dutch guy? Unfortuantely its ordance from the original animation movie I think.

DangerRuss,
Would it be possible to add more detail especialy in the rabbit ear base area where there looks to be a screw, and the forhead area where there is finer engraving details? Possibly some extra lines around the mouth parts? The area under the left/ right eyes seems to have a dip also from my first image. Maybe more detail on the rear eyes where they connect to the ball?

I uploaded some shots from the Blue ray version...
http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=duorb7.jpg

More of that head plate thing...
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap102126vn1.jpg

it says (pardon my poor ascii art)
[ HECATONCHEIRES ]
[/////////SYSTEM//////////]
..../\
<|><|>
....\/

There's a similar one on the back of the helmet too...
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap115566ga1.jpg

looks to be the same text however, it's in a different panel shape outline.

Very good observations. I took some liberty to the details to make it easier for molding. Also had to make some changes to make it an actual wearable helmet. As far as detail in the forehead, I had planned on having decals or stickers made for the logos in front and on back. Thanks for your input, I'm trying to make it as detailed and accurate as humanly possible. Thanks,Russell
DangerRuss,
Would it be possible to add more detail especialy in the rabbit ear base area where there looks to be a screw, and the forhead area where there is finer engraving details? Possibly some extra lines around the mouth parts? The area under the left/ right eyes seems to have a dip also from my first image. Maybe more detail on the rear eyes where they connect to the ball?

I uploaded some shots from the Blue ray version...
http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=duorb7.jpg

More of that head plate thing...
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap102126vn1.jpg

it says (pardon my poor ascii art)
[ HECATONCHEIRES ]
[/////////SYSTEM//////////]
..../\
<|><|>
....\/

There's a similar one on the back of the helmet too...
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap115566ga1.jpg

looks to be the same text however, it's in a different panel shape outline.

Yea, I just picked up Ex Machina the other day. I really want to do a Briareos now. I'd do the one where he's in the tux at the party lol

New pics. Ear molds done. size comparison. holding ears.

earmold.jpg

holdingears.jpg

DSC01854faceoff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back